Dialup beware #2 tank pictures

That's got to be a one of a kind tank.I am very impressed with what you have done.As far as the vitamin C Ive never added any.I do add Echinacea to my reef mush.I wonder if it has the same effects as the vitamin C.

REALLY YOU MUST!!!!!!!!!! start a new thread. E Borneman also adds echinacea to his food. How much do you dose? I am also debating on adding the B vitamins as well. Thanks for your kind comments! Please start a new thread as everyone would like to know.
PL

When I was looking for something to add to my tank that contained colonies that were disappearing, I considered echinacea. Mine comes in capsules & they would really be a PITA to open each one for dosing (I assumed the gelatin covering might not be the best thing for my tank). I decided to go with the C instead.

The last batch of food we made I added 15 capsules.We made about 17 quart sized bags of food.Now theses bags we not full of course.There was enough food in there in order to make the bags flat so we could freeze them.I did go for a period of time when I stopped adding the echinacea and did have some problems with my zoas that I had never had before.I strongly believe the echinacea is a must have in your food mix IMO.

So I wonder if I just added 1 capsule to a day's feeding (I feed corals 2x/week), if that would be enough/too much? I don't think you can overdose on echinacea. If I'm sick I take 3 capsules, 3x/day. Otherwise, during the winter months, I take 2 capsules, 2x/day.

Not daily, 2x/week, if that--about every 4 days. Zoas don't really even eat, do they? I feed each paly polyp individually though.

I feed mostly Rod's Food. I'll have to ask him if he puts echinacea in there. I know he uses tons of Selcon.

Geo- Nice tank. Big clams make a good centerpiece in heavily stocked tanks. They help everything to not mush together so much. My friend has a huge Derasa in a 50 gallon rubbermaid tub and it looks really nice. You are talking about dosing all of these vitamins; are you aware that SC Reef Plus has all of these in it? Though maybe not in the quantities you want. I would guess that it is sufficient for most applications. Also, does anyone know why they have copper in there (even though it is one-onethousandth of a milligram)? Are the leathers in your tank Palau Nepthas?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11442592#post11442592 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
Not daily, 2x/week, if that--about every 4 days. Zoas don't really even eat, do they? I feed each paly polyp individually though.

I feed mostly Rod's Food. I'll have to ask him if he puts echinacea in there. I know he uses tons of Selcon.

I just don't see paying the price on this food when its so much cheaper to make.

I have to make a new batch this week and the Asian markets are open on Tuesday so I will head there to relieve some of the holiday tension. I picked up some echinacea at Whole Foods yesterday as well as another powder vitamin very high in caratanoids.
I am going to add these two new ones to the food. The qty I make is about half of what you do so I will use 10-12 instead of the 17.
Thanks for the info jjmcat and puffer.

echinada09-thanks about the tank! I am aware about SC reef plus and use it every so often. I also make my own coral/fish food that is very similar but more concentrated and healthier. IMHO That is what jjmcat and I are discussing.
Yes the leathers are and are vivid under any lighting

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11442698#post11442698 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jjmcat
I just don't see paying the price on this food when its so much cheaper to make.
LOL, I have so much credit at my LFS from bringing in xenia, I could get a free year's supply of Rod's Food.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11421758#post11421758 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by geoxman
cubano2480--what I call beautiful is in your avatar! Thanks everyone and cubano I mean no offense--but WOW! and thanks for the compliment on my tank!

:D thanks

I am holding it for this dork who has not set up his new tank in over a year plus??? What did you think of your blue clam getting eaten up by the zoos? I will give you a buzz tomorrow.

Oh yes! about once a week! It can shoot water about 2-3 feet on any shot. It can scare the jeepers out of you if you are not ready-plus get you wet.

Back