Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite - Ended Up Going Apex

Oh, and what’s fusion😳
Fusion is the software that lets you monitor or control remotely. Has a browser version and a phone app version. Makes apex life super easy. I'll help you, it's pretty easy and there's lots of tutorials on youtube and the web. I don't even have the display module, I just use fusion.

Awesome and thanks for the info. Seller sent me a link to the downloadable documents. So, I’ll be reading those.

Received yesterday. Opened the box and everything looked good. But, I won’t be able to hook it up and play with it until this weekend, huge project started at work and Mrs griss has me helping get stuff ready for our oldest’s baby shower (first grandchild).

I just wish I would have seen the sellers original thread b/c he also had an EB4. But sold that before you pointed me to that thread.

Received yesterday. Opened the box and everything looked good. But, I won’t be able to hook it up and play with it until this weekend, huge project started at work and Mrs griss has me helping get stuff ready for our oldest’s baby shower (first grandchild).

I just wish I would have seen the sellers original thread b/c he also had an EB4. But sold that before you pointed me to that thread.
An EB8 will come up sooner or later, then you'll have lots of controllable outlets. If you have a plan for what you want to control and/or monitor, we can keep our eyes peeled for modules.

In addition to the EB8, kasa power strips are fantastic and helps from putting all of your eggs in one basket. I have about five of these on two tanks augmenting my Apex outlets. Lights and gyres really don't need to be on an EB8 (IMO), so I use the Kasa app for control when\if needed.

An EB8 will come up sooner or later, then you'll have lots of controllable outlets. If you have a plan for what you want to control and/or monitor, we can keep our eyes peeled for modules.
Not sure what I'm going to want to monitor/control in the future to be honest. This is for an upcoming tank upgrade, but first the basement remodel has to be completed (need to move a wall back about 3 feet). Before we can do that, the new flooring (currently stored in said basement occupying the area the wall will move to) for the master bedroom needs to be completed :ROFLMAO:

I'm thinking along the lines of controlling lights, temp, and maybe monitoring pH. Haven't thought much more about it. If I have time this weekend, I may set up the Apex and get it running the lights and temp on my current tank.

In addition to the EB8, kasa power strips are fantastic and helps from putting all of your eggs in one basket. I have about five of these on two tanks augmenting my Apex outlets. Lights and gyres really don't need to be on an EB8 (IMO), so I use the Kasa app for control when\if needed.
Yep, you mentioned the Kasa strips on another thread and I've got those bookmarked. Thank you.

Not sure what I'm going to want to monitor/control in the future to be honest. This is for an upcoming tank upgrade, but first the basement remodel has to be completed (need to move a wall back about 3 feet). Before we can do that, the new flooring (currently stored in said basement occupying the area the wall will move to) for the master bedroom needs to be completed :ROFLMAO:

I'm thinking along the lines of controlling lights, temp, and maybe monitoring pH. Haven't thought much more about it. If I have time this weekend, I may set up the Apex and get it running the lights and temp on my current tank.
So, you'll be staying out of trouble for the next few weeks anyway! lol

Weird, I'm trying to register the Apex and it's telling me my username, "Is too long, Does not match format." I first tried my email address, then various combinations of letters, numbers and characters. I get the same message every time.

I would have just used "griss".
lol, I ended up using a variation of that. Now, I'm really having a good time. I am NOT computer savvy and trying to get through this is challenging:ROFLMAO: Seems the former owner didn't unlink from his account, so I'm having to reset the unit in order to get the Token. Thank God for the internet.

Back