Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite - Ended Up Going Apex

lol, I ended up using a variation of that. Now, I'm really having a good time. I am NOT computer savvy and trying to get through this is challenging:ROFLMAO: Seems the former owner didn't unlink from his account, so I'm having to reset the unit in order to get the Token. Thank God for the internet.
You know I was going to suggest that but I thought he would know and do it. When I bought my classic used, the seller was on top of that. Hard reset is good anyway to ditch any configuration he might have had.

I might end up selling this thing. I'm just not computer savvy enough to figure this out. I have an alert that I need to update firmware. For the last 45 minutes, I've been trying to figure this out. I find directions on the internet, but they don't seen to work. I've read the Apex forums and I might as well be reading Latin (which I don't speak by the way).

I'm getting a message that, "The host name or IP address is invalid" Below that is some counter telling me how many failed, "Trying to connect: attempts" it's made.

Sorry, for the mini-rant above. I was getting very frustrated as every setting I have tried to change, I couldn't and everything I would read on the web was different. Example, I wanted to change the time on the Apex as it was set for 2 hours behind my timezone. I read to click expand on Fusion and then click clock, well I don't have a clock icon. It was a bunch of little things like that and finally the firmware thing.

I think I have finally figured it out.

Got the display brightness figured out without even looking on the web. Maybe I'm not so dumb after all. Now, do I need to keep this hooked up to ethernet or is it wifi? If I need to keep hooked to ethernet, I'll need a splitter and cable as I set this up on the desk on the second floor and the tank is in the basement :oops:

Got the display brightness figured out without even looking on the web. Maybe I'm not so dumb after all. Now, do I need to keep this hooked up to ethernet or is it wifi? If I need to keep hooked to ethernet, I'll need a splitter and cable as I set this up on the desk on the second floor and the tank is in the basement :oops:
Needs ethernet but works fine with a range extender, I use tp-link N300 with mine (because it was cheap on amazon, TL-WA855RE ) but it doesn't have to be that one, it just needs to have an ethernet port to connect to your controller.

n300.jpg

Interesting, TL-WA850RE instead of TL-WA855RE. My only concern is the lack of external antennas but that depends on how far it's going to be from your router.

Okay, range extender works great. Apex online, with one small snag. When I plug my electronic MH ballast into outlet 2, it’s trips my wall GFI. It doesn’t do that in outlet 1. But, that could be a problem for the tank upgrade as I planned to run 2 MH and 2 T5 actinics.

Okay, range extender works great. Apex online, with one small snag. When I plug my electronic MH ballast into outlet 2, it’s trips my wall GFI. It doesn’t do that in outlet 1. But, that could be a problem for the tank upgrade as I planned to run 2 MH and 2 T5 actinics.
Hmmm, says they're all 8amp relay style. What about outlet 3 and 4?

Haven’t tried those yet. Can I just unplug the ballast from 1 and plug into 3 or 4 or do I need to remove power from the Apex before unplugging/plugging?

Yep. If you lose your internet you have to cycle the apex. In other words your extender probably lost it's connection and you can't have the connection come after the apex is already on.

Thanks. How do I cycle it? I found that info on other models but not this one.

Same steps as here:
6E3BCA9F-82D3-4B7A-92A9-DA310C1F3364.png

Back