DIY Sulfur Denitrator

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12730303#post12730303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kreeger1
My new base plate made of 1 1/4" acyrlic

baseplate.jpg

THAT'S THE "CAT'S MEOW" :D :D :D

Steve

:smokin:

My reactor doe's not use a Tiki tourch in the media chamber.
Do you have it light 24 hrs. on, or a 12/12 on / off cycle :lol:

Pls post your results when it's finished ;)

Steve

:smokin:

Yeah! My nitrites have finally gone up to 1ppm. Somethings happening. (72hrs)

So what exactly is going on in there? Why is nitrite showing up? A bacteria is making it out of what? The nitrates?

And does that figure into the the bacteria that is converting the nitrate?

Is this a two bacteria process like the ammonia->nitrite->nitrate process we normally see?

Like is it nitrate->nitrite->nitrogen?

Ok ive had the reactor up and running for about a week. Nitrates are off the chart (100) coming from the reactor. The tank level is slightly lower than 100. Its going at 2 DPS so what should i do? :)

have you tested for nitrites coming out of the reactor?

If it was me, i'd slow the drip down to 1 DPS until the nitrates from the reactor are pretty much zero.

My Nitrites are 2 on a Salifert kit. Tank is 0 so its producing Nitrites as well as nitrates. Ive slowed the drip down to 1 Drip every second to second and a half. Valve is tempermental LOL

I use a kalk stirrer for water evaporation so my PH is never a problem. Alk needs to buffered with Reef Builder every 4 days or so.

well tested today.. still 0 nitrate out of reactor YEA!!!!!!!!! first time its been dripping this fast and 0 out!!! so i upped the flow a little more nice steady drops now....!!! a few more days and might be a nice stream coming out of there.. YEA!!!

Back