dolphin abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very disturbing video. Years ago in my island, two relatives of mine had boating accident few miles away from the shore and nearly drowned. Guess who saved them? Dolphins.

DID MY PART ALSO. THATS CRAZZYYYY GRRRRR, [profanity]

No matter your feelings on the subject, some things don't need to be expressed so poorly with use of profanity.--billsreef

Last edited by a moderator:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231341#post9231341 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
Signed.

Please calm the posts here down, so the thread can stay longer.

Good advice! ;)

How is this different than what we do to pigs, chickens and cows among other animals? Anybody ever seen how they're butchered?

Don't get me wrong it's barbaric what is shown in the video, but it seems like we're very quick to pull the trigger when somebody does anything to our ocean friends, but what did we eat at lunch 2day? BTW, signed the petition too.

cattle, pigs, and chickens are domestic raised animals for consumption. We don't eat more than we can raise, or thats what we try to do.

Not trying to add debate, its just my take on the whole dolphin slaughter vs cow slaughter subject and why your not a hypocrite when signing the petition.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231341#post9231341 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
Signed.

Please calm the posts here down, so the thread can stay longer.

Reminder.

I am saying this in a calm way, so don't take it as aggressive, but from what I know, we don't drag cows/chicken/pigs acress the streets, we don't spear them, we don't slit their necks so they slowly bleed to death. I am at work and I didn't hear any sound, but the video was enough. Not to mention, we breed cows/chickens/pigs, and if these dolphins were humainely taken care of, I wouldn't care so much.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231535#post9231535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
cattle, pigs, and chickens are domestic raised animals for consumption. We don't eat more than we can raise, or thats what we try to do.

Not trying to add debate, its just my take on the whole dolphin slaughter vs cow slaughter subject and why your not a hypocrite when signing the petition.

Don't feel like I'm talking to you only tkeracer :thumbsup: My opinion is just different and I thought that I would validate my views here to all that feel the same way as you do. No harm, no foul? :)

Cattle, pigs, and chickens aren't any different because they were once wild animals, too. Unfortunately, for the small villages that hunt dolphin, they do not have the capability to domesticate dolphin for food. In fact, if they had the capability to domesticate any animal in a large format to provide food for the masses, they probably wouldn't resort to their tradition of dolphin hunting, and instead look to something more viable. But, then again, available land for such domesticating is sparse, thus why they look to the sea for food.

As much as I tend to agree that this isn't the best for people that are used to things in places like North America, these people have their traditions and ways of life. I did not sign the petition. To me, it's no different than mass fishing for endangered tuna or mass collection of sturgeon roe (caviar). It's not a matter of ethics here but a matter of economics.

I read an article regarding why some fishing industry kill dolphins, not because for consumption but because they consider dolphins as their competition. Dolphins consumes lots of tuna, so that is why they go after them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231724#post9231724 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Travis L. Stevens
No harm, no foul? :)

Absolutely. Your side of the issue is as valid as mine and I respect it as I hope others do.

the Japenese have had no restrictions over their fishing and have been abusing the ocean for years. this just makes me sick to my stomach. and how a goverment can be allowed to do this is almost as sickening as the act itself.

i signed the petition!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231535#post9231535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619

So? What difference does it make that pigs and cattles are domestic raised animals?

Thats like saying its okay to beat a slave because hes a slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back