dolphin abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231910#post9231910 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hawaiianwargod
I read an article regarding why some fishing industry kill dolphins, not because for consumption but because they consider dolphins as their competition. Dolphins consumes lots of tuna, so that is why they go after them.

I really doubt dolphins eat a lot of tuna. MOre likely mackerel, herring, squid, etc. Tuna are too big, and too fast. Theyre simply not a viable food source because an animal needs to expend an absurd amount of energy just to catch one. From what I've seen, pretty much nothing eats tuna except bigger tuna.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9232202#post9232202 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltwaterfishy
Removed

Dolphins are no smarter than pigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tick tock...

Let's try to think a second before hitting submit ok?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9231707#post9231707 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Racso
I am saying this in a calm way, so don't take it as aggressive, but from what I know, we don't drag cows/chicken/pigs acress the streets, we don't spear them, we don't slit their necks so they slowly bleed to death. I am at work and I didn't hear any sound, but the video was enough. Not to mention, we breed cows/chickens/pigs, and if these dolphins were humainely taken care of, I wouldn't care so much.

and i'm responding calmly, do you honestly think farm animals are not brutally slaughtered? do you think they don't suffer? my father worked at a slaughter house and could tell you stories that would bring tears to your eyes, please. and yes that slaughterhouse is still running to this day.

yes those animals are not domesticated, does that mean it is ok to brutally slaughter them? because some (not all) are less intelligent (yes pigs are smarter than dogs AND dolphins), does that mean their pain is of less value?

but some dolphins are slaughtered in a brutal fashion and *gasp* it's a crime?

yes i do think some of you are hypocrites.

We allow worse in this country! Just hop over to YOUTUBE.com and search for Kosher Slaughter! Check out the cattle video....

Signed and am spreading the word! That is absolutely horrible. One of the worst things I have ever seen. The thing that gets me is you see shots of people just casually walking by a dolphin that just had its throat slit open, helplessly flapping around on the ground suffering to death, and it doesn't even phase them.

I did not sign the petition. Although this disgusts me to the core, I find the slaughter of domestic animals equally disgusting - and at least they're both for food! I'm sure many of you have seen what they do to cats and dogs for their fur. If not, suffice to say it involves boiling alive... The complete lack of empathy shown by these people astounds me. In any case, I don't want to be drawn into any specific example but tackle the wider issue. Perhaps if we were taught to respect animals from an early age this sort of thing would happen much less.

Paul

Its not about being a pig, cow, dolphine or any other type of animal. Its about the way their being slaughtered. I signed, and yes I do eat meat. And you show me a video of cows and pigs being slaughtered this way I would sign that petition also. I'm against animals being tortured.

Just my opinon

We are humans.
We are on top of the food chain.
Animals are food.
Those dolphins weren't intentionally tortured, they were slaughtered for food.
Do you think the hamburger you had for lunch died a happy, peaceful death?
Get over it!

We eat beef, they eat dolphin. Its sad but true, so whats the problem? The only thing I can say there doing wrong is the catching of sharks just for their fins for soup, then they just kick them off the boat as soon as they take their fins.

That was horrible, petition signed. I worked in a slaughterhouse for several years, and it was much more humane than what is in that video. Cattle were shot through the head with a large calibre knocking gun, causing nearly instant death. What was shown in that video is the height of human cruelty. The dolphin being dragged on ashphalt behind the truck is what really got to me. I have seen some horrible things in my lifetime and not even flinched, but that made me nauseous.

I'm sure we can discuss our viewpoints on this subject as mature adults, whether or not we agree with one another.

bill, go check out Peta's website. They'll show you plenty of video with cows and pigs like that. It happens everywhere.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9232952#post9232952 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nsreefer
That was horrible, petition signed. I worked in a slaughterhouse for several years, and it was much more humane than what is in that video. Cattle were shot through the head with a large calibre knocking gun, causing nearly instant death. What was shown in that video is the height of human cruelty. The dolphin being dragged on ashphalt behind the truck is what really got to me. I have seen some horrible things in my lifetime and not even flinched, but that made me nauseous.

I'm sure we can discuss our viewpoints on this subject as mature adults, whether or not we agree with one another.

i agree, even beasts of burden should die humanely with as minimal suffering as possible. however, not all slaughterhouses are humane. ever heard of chickens being kept in pens so small their feet grow into the cage? how about veal, you know as well as i do that those calves are living a horrid existance, all for the purpose of feeding "us".

I have to say that what I saw in the video was grotesque, I used to be an avid hunter, I fish and eat meat. A hypocrite? maybe, but still. I disagree with any form of slaughter that involves animal suffering and not one single person here can argue against the fact that dragging a live animal accross the asphalt is not animal cruelty. That is the issue here I think is the manner of harvest not the harvest itself. I truly hate the fact that people do those things to sharks as well and I think the real issue is the fact that people are responding to cruelty. To the person(s) who mentioned the cruel treatment of animals for furs and the mistreatment of the slaughter houses give me a petition for them and I will add my name to those as well.
I step off of my soapbox now
I apologize for the rant

Yes, I am well aware of some of the things that go on in food production, regardless of the country, and it disgusts me. Personally i won't eat veal, and I buy my chickens from a local farmer, but not everyone has this option. All of my beef and pork comes from the plant where i worked, because i know it's clean and humane and I still get a discount . ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back