Dosing Seachem Phosphorus Help

dubmaneh

Need some help please.

Fighting Dino's and P04 is showing 0 on my Hanna ULR.

Dosed enough Seachem Flourish Phosphorus at 8:00h to raise P04 by 0.01ppm (according to their calculator).
Tested at 13:00h and got 0.003ppm.

I've read that I don't want to raise P04 by more than 0.02ppm in 24hrs.
Do I continue dosing until I get a reading of 0.02ppm or only dose 0.02ppm per day?

Last edited:
I would dose 0.02 ppm per day for a while. We don't have much data on phosphate dosing, so I'd be cautious. I'm a bit confused, though. Your tank is at 0.03 ppm, from 0 ppm, which is a change of 0.03 ppm. Their calculator might be a bit off or maybe the water volume estimate was a bit off. Hopefully, the Hanna is running within spec.

My mistake, I missed a 0 in in there. The reading was 0.003ppm.

I did do a second dose yesterday to bring the total dose to 0.02ppm and got a reading of 0.015ppm a few hours later. Both results do seem reasonable given the margin of error on these tests is 0.015ppm.

I've dosed another 0.02ppm this morning. Will retest again in 12hrs and 24hrs to see where it sits.

Also, I'm looking to change from dosing KNO3 to NaNO3 to keep my nitrates steady. My K is already at the upper limits and don't want to go over.

If I use this calculator at the setting for KNO3( http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/calculator.htm) do I simply use the "amount to add" in grams *.84 for the conversion?

Yes, multiplying by .84 or so will be fine. I'm assuming these are anhydrous products.

No idea. This is what I have:
be43aaa343596378d45fa47b2c43409d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back