Dragon's Breath and Cheato

JeffyT

Hi Reefers,

New to the macro algae game here.

I recently bought some from a fellow Reef Central member and in preparation for receiving the algae I also bought two breeder boxes.

Both have suction cups and will be placed in my DT.

My question for you guys is can the Dragons Breath house pods? like a safe haven?

Ive also read that if I want to keep Cheato, i should have it spinning with the flow? If i do that, can the cheato also be a safe haven for pods?

Spinning cheato works well, but isn't a requirement. Pods love the stuff! Not sure about dragon's breath.

Yeah, you're going to need to carefully remove each pod, before you tumble it, so they don't get sea sick…kidding!

If they don't like the ride, they can get off. I would imagine they may prefer a more stable home, so maybe don't tumble, or tumble some but not all.

It may grow better if it's tumbled, but I had a 2'x2'x14" refugium that got so packed with chaeto that it was pushing up a couple of inches above the water surface. When I grabbed it to pull some out it lifted up like a block of almost solid material! But that refugium was on a system that was far from pristine or sps quality... more like a lagoon.

Yeah, you're going to need to carefully remove each pod, before you tumble it, so they don't get sea sick"¦kidding!

If they don't like the ride, they can get off. I would imagine they may prefer a more stable home, so maybe don't tumble, or tumble some but not all.

will tweezers work? :rollface:

i guess ill try and have good flow no tumbling.

Back