DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

WOW!!! Chingchai... I think everything about how wonderfull your dream projet is, has been said. All this has inspired me in tending and paying more attention to my own reef tank. You are the kind of people that make the world keep on giong. Best wishes from Guatemala, Central America.
Quique

i was kicked out of this thread, but when no one is looking i sneak in to take a peak at this ungodly monster of a tank !!

Maybe the most ambitious and awe inspiring setup ive ever seen, or one of them - cant wait to see it stocked!

Is the rock work done? it seems like there is little rock for such a large tank - but more room for the big fishies to swim around!

I forgot to subscribe to the split. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any updates. Now I know why. Tank looks so great, Ching!!!!

Chingchai, believe it or not but last night I went though all of your wonderful thread and it took me lets say good half part of the night :) It is stunning build, a dream and small portion of sea in your living room will look just wonderful. I really hope and wish you all the best and from now on I have subscribed to your thread.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us... Best luck..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15683496#post15683496 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chingchai
Oldtimer. Thanks.
Look forward to seeing your new tank.
Speaking of fine wine, can you visit me sooner.:p

In due time my friend. ;)

In the meantime, I highly suggest the following wine. I just had a glass and it's a fine red wine - rich & spicy with a clean finish. Tablas Creek 2006 Côtes de Tablas... http://www.tablascreek.com/cotes06.shtml Not to bad price wise either, $21 US at my local market.

Nothing like pairing a fine wine with a fine reef tank! Cheers. :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15687672#post15687672 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Oldtimer
In due time my friend. ;)

In the meantime, I highly suggest the following wine. I just had a glass and it's a fine red wine - rich & spicy with a clean finish. Tablas Creek 2006 Côtes de Tablas... http://www.tablascreek.com/cotes06.shtml Not to bad price wise either, $21 US at my local market.

Nothing like pairing a fine wine with a fine reef tank! Cheers. :D

What about two buck Chuck????

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15687912#post15687912 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by murfman
What about two buck Chuck????

I think Ching said it him self...

" Life is too short to drink bad wine "

:lol:

I've never had the two buck chuck but the father in law swears it's the best wine. :) some of the cheap wines are just as good flavor wise as the more expensive ones ime.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15681890#post15681890 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by flying_dutchman
Looks amazing, Do you have a FTS? And is this all the rock or are you adding more tomorrow?
Keep the pics coming!

Here is the FTS taken today.
Due to limited space, I have to use fish-eye lens.

IMG_9997.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15683532#post15683532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by elijaher
I mean people yes. Are going to add more rocks later? How much so if you are. Such small amount of rocks. Will you be added frags? I assume you will be empty your current tank to this such lovely tank. It really be fun to add frags and see it grow something nice.

Yes, I will add more rock today.
I definitely add some frag to see how fast they can grow in big tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15683546#post15683546 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Haksar
What is the total weight of the rocks,so the egg crate is to move the rocks is it.That's a good idea.

Hope by the time I reach there your corals will be laid

Let me finish the rock work and I will estimate the total weight.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15683849#post15683849 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Leonardo_
Ching, my compliments. Never seen a perfect setup like this. Looking at your previous tank the livestock will add to that even more.

Good luck with the further build, and I hope I can visit someday.

Leonardo

Leonardo. Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15684378#post15684378 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jlemoine2
Hi Ching,

How sturdy are the rock structures? You mentioned they risk toppling over without water in the tank: Is that because the bonding between rocks had not cured? I'm wondering if the structures will be sturdy enough when your wave boxes are turned on.

Thanks for the great pictures and regular updates!

-James

Hi James,

They will have to make the rock structure as sturdy as possible.
I don't want to take risk of rock collapsing. It will be a nightmare.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15685306#post15685306 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by johnpang2388
HI Ching, about the prodibio products, did u mix both bioptim and biodigest together before you pour them into the tank or you separate them (pour biodigest 1st follow by bioptim) and pour into your tank?

By the way, nice setup and gorgeous tank over there! One day, I shall plan to visit BKK as well as visit your gorgeous tank =) Thanks for sharing all your tank info and pics with us.

Regards,
John

John. Thank you.
I didn't mix both product of prodibio. I pour biodigest first and then follow with bioptim.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15685840#post15685840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by recoiljpr
Hi Ching,

Your patience at answering each and every question given to you by all of us is really outstanding. I thank you for letting us share the build of this tank with you. For me, the most exciting part has always been the build and watching this one is amazing.

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

I am happy to answer everybody's question. It is really my pleasure.

Cheers,

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15686030#post15686030 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lmarc78
This is by far the best tank build I have ever seen. Keep up the good work.

Imarc78. Thank you.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15686309#post15686309 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kikegt
WOW!!! Chingchai... I think everything about how wonderfull your dream projet is, has been said. All this has inspired me in tending and paying more attention to my own reef tank. You are the kind of people that make the world keep on giong. Best wishes from Guatemala, Central America.
Quique

Quique. Thanks for your kind words.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15686451#post15686451 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NM1975
i was kicked out of this thread, but when no one is looking i sneak in to take a peak at this ungodly monster of a tank !!

Maybe the most ambitious and awe inspiring setup ive ever seen, or one of them - cant wait to see it stocked!

Is the rock work done? it seems like there is little rock for such a large tank - but more room for the big fishies to swim around!

NM1975. Thanks.
Nobody can kick you out of this thread. Let's be optimistic.
The rock work hasn't done yet. Could be next week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15686664#post15686664 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by murfman
I forgot to subscribe to the split. I was wondering why I hadn't seen any updates. Now I know why. Tank looks so great, Ching!!!!

murfman. Thanks.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15687023#post15687023 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tahiriqbal
Chingchai, believe it or not but last night I went though all of your wonderful thread and it took me lets say good half part of the night :) It is stunning build, a dream and small portion of sea in your living room will look just wonderful. I really hope and wish you all the best and from now on I have subscribed to your thread.

Thanks for sharing your dream with us... Best luck..

Tahir. Thank you so much.
All the best to you as well.

Back