DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

Almost one year that I have this beautiful fish from Koji Wada.

:eek1:

Is this serious? I havent viewed your thread properly for a long time and this is the first thing i see... Where do you keep it? Does it have its own tank? If so do you have a link to it please?

Your main tank is stunning as usual too.... Why the move away from LPS and mainly to SPS? Fish choices or something else??

Always in admiration :)

Chingchai - As I'm sure you are aware Rufus caught and Karen Brittain has been able to breed the masked angelfish (Genicanthus personatus) in captivity... I believe this was only the second time ever. I don't know if you went to MACNA this year but they did a big presentation on this.

Anyway I heard that Blue Harbor may be getting a few of these fish (maybe they already have them?), I hope that this is true and maybe Mr. Wada can bring you one or two! :spin3:

Anyway here is the video they showed at MACNA:
G. personatus Press Release Video

How come this was never TOTM?

I ask the same question more than 4 years ago but i guess because mr. ching chai is very humble he wants another reefer to get a chance to get it since his old tank won twice already, one for him and one for paul ( last version) on his cubish 300 gallons
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php/current-issue/article/81-tank-of-the-month

I think he is extremely busy with his new restaurant but i think its way way over due

Chingchai,
I know you are using Halides still and have supplemented with the LED's. Do you think you will ever go to LED's as your main lighting?

Has your opinion over the years changed with all the advances in LED technology?

I noticed some of your softies on the sand bed have been removed. Was this because of fish nipping or just to clean up the sand bed and make it easier to maintain?

OTP:
This is the clip video presentation of my restaurant.
Hope you guys don't mind to watch it. Thank you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8j9rv9TACik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your restaurant is very good, must have the opportunity to eat.:inlove:

Its been a good run, i guess this thread is finally going away. Used to be really busy, now not so much. Always loved that tank though.

I think he was referring to the lack of recent posts I the thread. However, we all have a life and at times it gets in the way of our hobby. I'm sure he will post soon

Corey

Sir i hope you dont mind me posting this picture

I guess you follow my advice and put large angel on this masterpiece[emoji3]

Last edited:
Back