DSPS tank from Thailand (1000 gallon+)

Chingchai, I discovered your thread approximately a month ago after stumbling across Peter's (nineball's) thread. I didn't make it very far into his thread because he kept raving about how everyone needed to read about your build.

So I started from the beginning, before the split. It was a tough start since the images from many of the earliest pages are now missing... but wow, what a read it has been! Whenever I have had a free moment in the past month, this is what I have been reading. Your planning has paid off and your perseverance, in spite of all the problems thrown at you, is outstanding. I am thrilled to see that your tank continues to thrive and that you have found a new line of business after your fruit importing took a downturn.

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and thank you for sharing your journey with us. I can now resume my reading of Peter's thread :).

I do have a couple of questions for you though - after switching to the fiberglass rocks, have you seen any return of the mojanos? And did you have to change your maintenance at all to accommodate for the loss of biological filtering capacity via removing the live rock?

I've zipped thru some of your thread. It looked awesome over 4 years ago!

It's beyond any description or words how nice of a job you've done, and continue to do in keeping your Reef, Congrats.

---
I think I know what is going on with Mr Chings tank.
It's obvious from the last pictures that he has dinoflagellates.
Once they settle in they take over and are next to impossible to get rid off.
SPS Corals will suffer with slow or now growth or die.
This pest is not pretty either and many reefers have left the hobby because of it.

This tank has it all and many would say it is the best tank in the world.
Dinoflagellates can make your reefing miserable and if I'm right about this I fully understand why Mr Ching is taking a break.

---
This pest is not pretty either and many reefers have left the hobby because of it.

Dinoflagellates can make your reefing miserable and if I'm right about this I fully understand why Mr Ching is taking a break.

Lets all hope thats not the case, dinos would be an insane challenge with a tank like this.

Don't think so. He posted a pic on fb and tge tank looks awesome still. I would post it here but there is a person in the pic so I don't want to offend

---

Where are the pictures? In this thread or FB?

I don't know where you see dinos in that pic. I've looked at it on a 24" wide screen display and all I see is a little brown on the sand.

He is super busy with his restaurant and he is opening a new one too. It seems like his tank is doing great, specially the peppermint angel tank.
He is in Facebook

Back