Dudester’s 450g corner in-wall and tank room – help with design

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787457#post14787457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
You thinking about fish lists yet?

I think he is still just working out a play list until the decorting is done , but CCR is a MUST! :rollface:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787418#post14787418 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Robb in Austin
Creedence! No Eagles.

I may be dating myself, but any Eagles, pre Hotel California is OK!

those were the days. when my Mom caught me in my room playing the Eagles on my turntable/speaker combo unit with one of her friend's daughters. :D

Yeah, if you grew up in the NY Metro area, you'd remember Allison Steel. The "night bird"! She was an awesome DJ!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14800467#post14800467 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bax
I may be dating myself, but any Eagles, pre Hotel California is OK!

I like the Eagles. That was a Big Lebowski reference.

:eek2: :eek2: AMAZING :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Truly a beautiful site to see even with no water in it, going to be an amazing tank for sure!
-Brian

cabinetry1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14803172#post14803172 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by makoJ

Truly a beautiful site to see even with no water in it, going to be an amazing tank for sure!
-Brian

Wow :eek1: :eek2: :eek: :mixed:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14802296#post14802296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Robb in Austin
I like the Eagles. That was a Big Lebowski reference.

Dang! Went right over my head!

... I still prefer pre Hotel Eagles though

:D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14803511#post14803511 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jnarowe
She was actually on in other cities because I remember her in California when I was a kid.

I didn't know that, she was on WNEW here

Just when I think I've come across a "problem" that I can't find an answer to here on RC, another perfect build thread pops up. :p

I too am facing the issue/luxury of having an archway opening for the display side of my new fish room. Could you give me/show me details on what was used to prevent excessive humidity/light from escaping into the rest of the house through the archway (above, below, sides, seams in cabinet doors, etc)?

Thanks!

- Eric

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14787457#post14787457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
You thinking about fish lists yet?
Yes Nick, I have been. Here's a start.

Achilles tang
powder blue tang
yellow tang
blonde naso tang
purple tang
sohal tang
chevron tang
crosshatch trigger
Bartlett's anthias
lyretail anthias
Swale's basslet
candy basslet
blue assessors
bluespot jawfish
flame hawkfish
copperband butterfly
true percula clownfish (maybe Rod's onyx)
longfin fairy wrasse
Scott's fairy wrasse
ornate wrasse
leopard wrasse
Carpenter's flasher wrasse
filamented flasher wrasse
lyretail flasher wrasse
Christmas wrasse
rhomboid wrasse
purple firefish
banded pipefish

There are several others but they've escaped my memory at the moment. Many of the above will be in pairs or even small schools (like the anthias). I know that some of the fish I've listed can be butt heads, but I'll add them in the proper order to hopefully reduce aggression.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14803172#post14803172 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by makoJ

-Brian
Thanks Brian, save me some frags from your tank so I can get a good start when I'm ready ;) .

SonsOfLeda - The humidity is controlled with a humidistat that is connected to 2 fans in the ceiling of the tank room. This air is vented to the outside via ductwork. Light is contained in the tank room by having the builder "float" the arches directly down onto the cabinetry, best seen in the next photo.

cabinetry2.jpg

We used alder wood on the cabinets to match those of the rest of the house. Alder tends to have a lot of natural holes and gaps, so to prevent light from escaping through the holes I'll eventually just fill them with wood putty that matches (or at least resembles) the stain on the cabinets. The cabinet doors are secured closed with magnets, which helps to prevent light/noise from escaping, and it will also help to prevent the wood from warping, as the upper doors are quite tall and would be prone to warping.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14815958#post14815958 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dudester
Yes Nick, I have been. Here's a start.

Achilles tang
powder blue tang
yellow tang
blonde naso tang
purple tang
sohal tang
chevron tang
crosshatch trigger
Bartlett's anthias
lyretail anthias
Swale's basslet
candy basslet
blue assessors
bluespot jawfish
flame hawkfish
copperband butterfly
true percula clownfish (maybe Rod's onyx)
longfin fairy wrasse
Scott's fairy wrasse
ornate wrasse
leopard wrasse
Carpenter's flasher wrasse
filamented flasher wrasse
lyretail flasher wrasse
Christmas wrasse
rhomboid wrasse
purple firefish
banded pipefish

There are several others but they've escaped my memory at the moment. Many of the above will be in pairs or even small schools (like the anthias). I know that some of the fish I've listed can be butt heads, but I'll add them in the proper order to hopefully reduce aggression.

Man, that's a lot of fish. I can't wait to see them. Sending a PM your way.

Just came across this thread, everything is so amazing!! Can't wait to see this up and running! With the cabinets and archways it's probably one of the nicest setups i have seen!

Back