Ebay Seller Using MY Pic!

I can't believe this is still going on, I'm a little disappointed in Ebay I'm not, she makes money, they make money... it's a capitalist country right?

The more people talk about it the more traffic she will recieve be it negative or positive. Any talk is publicity for her. I'll leave it at that. You folks can complain till yer face is blue but 1 fact remains, this chick will continue to sell on ebay, be it positive or negative feedback from customer or forums like this.

So you're telling me that they can even feel the money they make from her? Not to mention its STILL fraud and a form of property theft, both CRIMES. There was a news story today about someone who's picture was used for some acai berry ads, taken off of the web.

and persistence pays off, enough flack about this seller and it will eventually payy off

the next step i would think, would be for someone who has been in contact with ebay, if ebay continues to do nothing, to report ebay to BBB maybe

So you're telling me that they can even feel the money they make from her? Not to mention its STILL fraud and a form of property theft, both CRIMES

Don't quote me on this or take it to heart but I think money is money coming in. Be it small or large amount. If Ebay REALLY thought bad about it, they would have taken her off a while back from the first couple of complaints. That's just my .02.

BBB

They're a bunch of crock too. you have bad companies with bad ways of doing things listed in BBB as good standing , etc.
As long as companies pay to BBB as being part of a member, they're part of their list of good companies. Seen this mulitple times crooked companies still with BBB, ripping people off but they get to be with BBB as listed good companies and have the " MEMBER OF BBB " sticker. LOL what a crock.:lol:

Last edited:
i hate to see someone taking advantage of people with blatant fraud and lies to consumers. Les we not forget the copyright infringements. If ebay doesn't want to do anything about it take it straight the horses mouth(so to speak). I don't have any pics worth using but for those who do and she has used your pics, here is some info that may prove helpful for you. At least hopefully it will force ebay to ban her. Generally the State Secretary of State can assist in matters like this but with this being a web issue the federal trade commission might help :)

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/tech/privacy.shtm

Consumer Complaint & Protection Coordinators
San Jose, CA 95101
(800) 554-0348

Consumer Protection Unit
Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office
70 West Hedding St.
West Wing, 4th Floor
San Jose, CA 95110
408-792-2880
408-299-7400
Fax: 408-279-8742
E-mail: webmaster@da.co.santa- clara.ca.us
www.santaclara-da.org

Better Business Bureau
700 Empey Way, Ste. 110
San Jose, CA 95128
408-278-7400
Fax: 408-278-7444
E-mail: info@bbbsilicon.org
www.sanjose.bbb.org

http://ebay-fraud.blogspot.com/

eBay Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125
United States - Map
Phone: 408-376-7425
Fax: 408-376-7401

nice post tangafish!

Yes, many companies are members of the BBB that have bad practices. You should report them. I called the BBB before making a large purchase and asked about a company. They will tell you the types of complaints that have been filed on a company and then they leave it up to you to decide if you want to do business with them. In that case, I went with another company. BBB is not a sticker saying this is a great company, it is an affiliation that allows customers to check an outside source in regards to feedback about the company. Being a BBB member is a good thing because customers can file complaints and others may call to check out the complaints or complements that a company has received. If not a BBB member, you have to hunt down customers or take the employees word for it.

Re: New one!

Re: New one!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14670560#post14670560 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
http://cgi.ebay.com/AWESOME-BRANCHI...|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting

http://coralpedia.bio.warwick.ac.uk/en/corals/cladocora_arbuscula.html

Wonder what she's really got?

I contacted Professor Charles Sheppard of Coralpedia about this he sent me a email has Joined Reef Central but I neglected too give him the link to the thread Hopefully some good will come out of this and we will have a new Valued member on Reef Central. so he will see people like this are the minority. of course he now has the Link btw Professor original post is on page 8 not 9 sorry about that although I copied it all for you. dang 2 hours till this auction is over only one bid though.

Last edited:
Here is a liknk

Here is a liknk

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14683358#post14683358 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Pufferpunk
I've got to believe there is no way this woman has that coral species. Looks pretty rare to me.

providing info about the species it can be collected in Flirida seems most the stuff she has comes out of the florida area they might be collecting it and selling. who knows with this lady. heck she might even be shop lifting this stuff from a local lfs lol. she only got the one bid at $5 most people are happy cause nobody is bidding. she gets extra money in the shipping cost and oh insurance lol.

http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/133575

If indeed it is the species listed, it is a Caribbean stony coral, and hence illegal to collect and sell. This would be something Fish and Wildlife might be interested in.

Back