Echoreef 250 Entry Way

Looks great! What are your thoughts on the light so far?

I am very impressed. The SPS corals already show great polyp extensions, even during the daytime. Programming couldn't be any simpler. I use the Bali setting. Even without the T5 on, the LED looks very natural. I will be posting a video shortly to show how the tank looks under the lighting.

Looks awesome! I love the shoal of yellow tangs with the black tang. Do you have any issues with them at all?

Looks awesome! I love the shoal of yellow tangs with the black tang. Do you have any issues with them at all?

It has been working out well so far. The group of yellow tangs were purchased from live aquaria's DD. They have always been together so no issue there. The black tang is much bigger and does not bother the group of yellow tangs. It is really cool to see them swim together.

Totally agree. Your video just convinced that I will need 5 yellows and a black tang in my 300 that I planning. Was on the fence on how they would do, but hopefully the size difference will be helpful in maintaining order in the tank

love this tank. Considering those lights for ym 120g (48x20x20). Coming from Radion Pro on my nano and I'm not impressed. Def. going PacSun or ATI.

love this tank. Considering those lights for ym 120g (48x20x20). Coming from Radion Pro on my nano and I'm not impressed. Def. going PacSun or ATI.

I had the same dilemma choosing between Radions, Pac Sun, or ATI hybrid. I had problems with dark spots on my SPS corals with the Radions. I owned an ATI powermodule before so wanted to try something new. It's been only a few weeks with my corals under Pac Sun but they look promising. The colors are coming back after the tank transfer. Polyp extensions are better than ever. What I like about the Pac Sun Pandora S2 is the sleek design, focus on LED with T5 as enhancement, and ease of use. It literally took me a few minutes to program the unit once I got the latest firmware and software updates. I chose the Bali program and it looks very natural. Nicer looking than any lights I have ever owned.

I got my electrical cabinet completed and mounted on the wall of the garage. The Genesis Renew Pro auto water change system has been installed. I test out my first water change just last night. It works flawlessly. It may be one of the best investment I have made with this new tank build. More time to enjoy and less time moving water around. My plan is to have the Renew program change out 3 gallons of water everyday. The job will be split out over a 24 hours period so 1 gallon every 8 hours. During the time of the water change, I will program the Apex ATO to delay refilling the sump with fresh water for 10 minutes so that the Renew can do its job without impacting the sump water level.

Here are some pictures of the Genesis Renew Pro auto water change setup. The saltwater and waste water bins are in the garage. There are level sensors in the sump and saltwater container to pause the water change if the level becomes too low.

Wow, sweet setup! Did you say you have a bandit angel as well? Did you QT your fish? If so what procedure did you use?

Back