Ecotech backup battery problem

prox

1st unit leaked and the acid (i think) corrode the connection port and also wire connected to it. Ecotech Singapore said they never encounter such issue and aaid salt splash might be the root cause. I took many pictures to show them the position of the battery which is located in a separate dry cabinet, away from my sump . After long explaination, ecotech singapore decided to replace 1 new unit on goodwill basis (unit slightly over warranty period) and said replacement unit won't carry any warranty.

Now to my surprise, 2nd unit went dead on me too but this time without any visible corrosion. I did a test once a month by turning off all the main power to check on backup battery and also check valve. I m not writing this to ask for another replacement but i found that reliability of the batt is far from expected lifespan.

Again, the backup battery is located in a separate cabinet, dry and have sufficient ventilation. This seem to be the only component that fail twice on me.

I m curious whether any other person facing the same issue? I would suggest to test it out cause we usually dont test on such component.

Prox,

That is a very unusual issue, I would recommend replacing the power supply on that Battery Backup. More then likely the battery itself is fine, and only the power supply will need to be replaced.

Back