EcoTech Marine Introduces the Radion XR30w LED Light

wanted to put up some pictures of my hanging kit design for people to get some ideas. I know it was a pain trying to figure out how I could make something that was adjustable in height along with able to move the lights positions easily.
2012-02-16_13-21-13_635.jpg

2012-02-16_14-01-22_587.jpg

2012-02-16_20-09-27_792.jpg

wanted to put up some pictures of my hanging kit design for people to get some ideas. I know it was a pain trying to figure out how I could make something that was adjustable in height along with able to move the lights positions easily.

Nice job! Are you considering painting black?

Sent from Wesley's Moto Atrix 4G using Tapatalk

5366kb update coming across for me (includes a new firmware).

On a side note, I don't suppose if anyone knows whether the time change this weekend will require re-sync'ing the ecotech to reset the time?

I am not seeing any obvious changes in the interface, but there was a firmware update, so I am hoping it made the natural lighting sunsets a little more normal and less greenish.

[03/06/2012]
Version 1.2.4448.15218 RC6
New Features
• Completely redesigned user interface which provides cleaner, more intuitive navigation across the entire utility
• Added new drag-and-drop group layout management facility to mirror the physical layout of lights and setup travelling sunrise/sunset parameters
• Introduced traveling sunrise/sunset for light groupings to mimic the east-to-west motion of the sun traveling across the sky
• Artificial mode graph face lift - added support for horizontal dragging of data points, zooming, and a handy tooltip to show the current time of the point during a drag operation
• Improved Artificial schedule import – now supports shifting the day time prior to import
• Welcome and quick-start video splash screen
• Unit of measure toggle (US and metric) – available under the Preferences menu
• Added a device calibration wizard to fine-tune the Radion lighting system
• Changed target location of the help, online community and send feedback menu options
• Updated language on device connection status labels to be more descriptive and include connection type (USB vs. wireless)
• Added logic to reduce RF interference during firmware updates and schedule programming
• Added support for new Radion attributes including RF status, time base offset, light driver board version and current power state
• Relocated the Inherit Group Schedule checkbox option to the functions panel of each device
• Updated schedule playback to run through schedules programmed on the device
Defect Fixes
• Altered natural mode day points near night time points to drop into a different power mode (allows daytime points to act as night mode points)
• Addressed multiple issues with opening legacy projects with the latest version of the utility

I take it back, the interface is revised, I needed to restart the utility.

The "sunset" in natural mode is much less green then it was. Vastly improved for me IMO.

Thats one awesome looking hanging kit I must say! The tank is a 6 foot 180 I assume? Those Radions looks to have an awesome spread and coverage over it.

After I saved the layout, I still can't enable the Travelling sunrise/sunset feature. It is greyed out so I can't select it. Any ideas? I have 3 over my 180g. Thanks

So I downloaded the software and firmware updates and rebooted the program as instructed but I am unable to upload my previously saved program. The file type seems to have changed from .etg to .etp. However, when opening a project through the "File" menu you can only open a .etp file and when you click to "Import" you can only open a .etg file.

This will not allow me to open/upload the program that I wanted to change.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

After I saved the layout, I still can't enable the Travelling sunrise/sunset feature. It is greyed out so I can't select it. Any ideas? I have 3 over my 180g. Thanks

I had the same problem until I added a time between the lights, then you can save it

Ok i upgraded the software on the light and program , its much better but when im in the advanced setup the sunrise sunset it not highlighted for me to pick. Is this because i have my lights in natural mode ???..

Ok i upgraded the software on the light and program , its much better but when im in the advanced setup the sunrise sunset it not highlighted for me to pick. Is this because i have my lights in natural mode ???..

You have to go to layout first, add time between your lights, then the box will be checked. For mine, I made the time be 30 minutes between the lights. (Right one goes on 30 min before the left, then the right goes off 30 min before the left).

So I downloaded the software and firmware updates and rebooted the program as instructed but I am unable to upload my previously saved program. The file type seems to have changed from .etg to .etp. However, when opening a project through the "File" menu you can only open a .etp file and when you click to "Import" you can only open a .etg file.

This will not allow me to open/upload the program that I wanted to change.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I could be wrong, but I thought ETG files were exported files, while ETP where saved files...

you can only open ETP files, and you can only import ETG files. At least that is the behavior I experienced in the previous software release version.

Back