EEL in a 12

I decided to skip a feeding one night, and he went looking for food. He was hungry, and I feel terrible about it.

A bit off topic, but what is wrong with feeding eels silversides? Is it just the crustacean eating eels or all eels, including fish eaters? Just curious as my eel really seems to like the silversides.

My eel has never tried to get out of my 75 for some reason (knock on wood). He has gotten out of a 10 gallon QT but thats it.....

Techgirl78- Silversides are fine once in awhile but not everyday. use them as treats and not their main food source, kind of like krill. what you want to do is feed a varied diet of shrimp, scallops, clams, etc. etc.

Beemo- When if ound my ell out of the QT he waslying on the hocky table (where i keep my fish stuff, table is too old to work anyway) he was sticky and had been there for hours. I just plopped him back into the QT and he went bck too his rock. He is still doing good too even though he got out of the QT 3 or 4 times :lol:.

he arrived!
omg he aint the as lil as i thought he was gonna be lol
i was expecting a tiny pencil baby but hes more like 10-11 inches.
he was hyper the first hour, he made a terrible sand storm clearing out under the rocks.
finally he settled in
my tanks all cloudy now blah
he went after the hermits, poked them a lil, tried to get his mouth around it but it was too big for him :)

dang hes cute..ahh hes gonna escape i just know it. theres too many openings near the filter and skimmer.

thats kinda funny you found him on the hockey table hehe
glad he made it :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10462780#post10462780 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sicklid
How about some pics please?

sure when i can find his lil head peaking out again :D

right now all i see is sand puffs coming out from beneath the rocks :(

Back