Elagance not happy, closed for several days.

Ryagon

I purchased an Elegance coral about 6 weeks ago, it spent 4 weeks in quarantine where it was open and appeared happy. I put it in the main tank 2 weeks ago and it looked fine for the first week and a half or so. Then a few days ago it started closing a bit more and now the last few days it has not opened at all. I read that they perfer lower flow so I moved it to the middle of the tank where it is the lowest and that did not help and maybe made it worse?

Tank: 125g
Lights: Reefbreeders Photon V2 x2 (I have them cranked down for acclimation 18% max currently)

Parameters:
Temp 78.5
SG:1.024
ph:8.1
Alk:8
Ammonia:0
Nitrate:0
Nitrite:0
Phosphate: .2ppm I just switched old gfo for new.
Calcium:500 (this is a bit high not sure if that would make them unhappy) I cant seem to keep my calcium reactor primed without turning it up higher which makes the calcium high.

Before Pic when it was looking better:
Cf6uKdcl.jpg

Picture today (sorry for the really crappy quality I couldn't get it to take any better with like 10 pictures)
pT4Ogszl.jpg

I have giving up on those corals they seem to always do bad in my tank. I think there just not meant to be kept in captivity. Is it an assuie or Indo. The assuie do better if it's Indo you bought a dying coral. Good luck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was around $60 if I remember correctly. It started to open up a bit for a few days and today it is back closed. I am starting to fear the worst for this coral :(

6XTF3KK.jpg

Well after reading some more forums I found some people talking about a longer acclimation for light with them. I turned down the light a little bit more and it actually seems to be opening up. Will update of any more change.

Back