Enjoy's 120g Rimless Build (Lots of Pictures)

I recently acquired this from work, and thought it would be perfect for the tank. It holds rack units such as the DJ power bar, and other electronics. I am hoping I can implement this into my electrical cabinet on the side of the tank.

Currently inside:
308b769b.jpg

3fcc49c7.jpg

All together:
IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

Fan on top for cooling:
IMAG0163.jpg

Thanks for following.

^ wow OMG I never thought about that. I do DJ work on the side sometimes, those American DJ power strips would be perfect for reef use. Holy crap. I might go to Guitar Center and get myself another so I can organize my tank's mass of electrical equipment.

:thumbsup:

^ wow OMG I never thought about that. I do DJ work on the side sometimes, those American DJ power strips would be perfect for reef use. Holy crap. I might go to Guitar Center and get myself another so I can organize my tank's mass of electrical equipment.

:thumbsup:

Yea, I have used these DJ power strips for a few years now and they work great! I hope I can put this rack unit to use, but it might just end up being more of an eye sore than making one out of wood to match the stand...We will see.
Thanks again.

Beautiful tank and I hope the power strips work for you... I also like uniformity and organization :D

Thank you. I wish I could keep everything perfectly organized as I am a bit OCD. :worried:

The tanks looking good! How do you like the alpha 200?

Thanks, I love the Alpha200 especially now that I am running the swabbie, and skimmate locker. I literally can go for a month without touching the skimmer to clean it. Low wattage, and skims like a beast....Can't beat it.

Here is some of the skeletons from the RODI mishap....(actinic only)

Before:
1d41d39d.jpg

IMG_4227r1.jpg

After:
IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

Flamethrower after feeding...luckily still doing good.
IMAG0165.jpg

excellent thread, andrew.

love yr tank size and set up.

keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

Thanks Andrew! (nice name:))
I appreciate the compliments, and I'm glad to have you along for the ride.

Excellent thread. Awesome build. This is very inspiring!! Can't wait to see more of it soon :)

Thank you Phuster! Hopefully in the next little bit I will have an actual update. Right now, I am just taking it slow and waiting for the system to build up some beneficial bacteria, pods, etc...
Thanks for following. :wave:

Yea I think you should add some new pics of the tank now that its been afew months since the last ones were up. This is/was an amazing build and setup! In all, how much do you think this set you back? :confused:

Yea I think you should add some new pics of the tank now that its been afew months since the last ones were up. This is/was an amazing build and setup! In all, how much do you think this set you back? :confused:

Thanks! My DSLR in the shop getting work on after my daughter had "play time" with it. :angryfire:
I took a few photos on my cell, but the quality is not the greatest. I will post them soon.

As far as money goes, it really depends on how you go about the build. Buying new/used equipment vs. DIY equipment can save you bundles.

No big updates, just going along day by day.
SPS still aren't doing too hot, so I sat down today and checked params:

Sg- 1.027
Cal- 430
Alk- 7.8
Po4- .05
No3- undetectable
Mg- 1450

I see that my Po4 has jumped up a little bit due to my heavier feedings, but I don't see any improvement in SPS. Chalices on the other hand seem to be doing alright. Not as good as in the frag tank, but they are surviving. I need to find a solution to this problem so I can get back to having corals grow - not die :D

The only thing I am drawn to point the finger at is the BioPellets. They have allowed me to feed more, and keep Po4,No3 down - but that might have opened up another can of worms...

Onto some good news.... I finally found some Fathead Sunburst Anthias (Indonesia), and placed an order for 4 of them (3 Female, 1 Male), as well as 3 Female Maldives Lyretail Anthias.
They should arrive tomorrow, and they will be put into QT and once feeding is successful I will begin copper treatment.

Hopefully all goes well ;)

Could you give me more information on the 1/4" clear net is it use for the ATS? More information on the purpose of the ATS and how it works? Thanks!!

Awesome and beautiful Tank! Beautiful daughter as well.

Keep the pics coming!

Could you give me more information on the 1/4" clear net is it use for the ATS? More information on the purpose of the ATS and how it works? Thanks!!

Awesome and beautiful Tank! Beautiful daughter as well.

Keep the pics coming!

The clear screen on the ATS can be purchased from your local craft store. There is an extremely informative thread covering everything anyone would want/need to know about ATS system.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Update:

Well I have not updated in a bit, but I have slowly been putting in more work into the tank. I am still having issues with my SPS, while LPS, and my anemone are doing great. Oh yea.. I got an RBTA. I couldn't pass it up - one of the sickest colorations I've seen, and for a great price.

Also, finally got the electrical cabinet finished. Still a few things to tidy up inside, and I still have to add my dosing containers, but you get the idea.

Here are a few pics of it, and some of my SPS that is doing like poo... It seems like low nutrients or high alk because the tips start to just loose flesh. Nothing like bleached tips, or growth. They lose the flesh and then algae begins to grow on the skeleton of the tips. Not cool....:mad2:

e5b3f599.jpg

c9f3bf47.jpg

598b15d5.jpg

43a2b77d.jpg

e86b51a3.jpg

b1341a97.jpg

0ece9509.jpg

4c3e8557.jpg

Thanks for following...

If anyone has any idea as to what problem I am having with my SPS, please speak up.

SG: 1.026
PH: 8.4
Temp: 78.5-80.5
Po4: .04
N03: Undetectable
Cal: 440
Alk: 8.3
Mag: 1350

hi,

nothing is picking at your sps? and can you see bite marks on them?...

BTW the hardware layout on this tanks is second to none...

:beer:

Look into the quantity/flow rate of the biopellet system. Based on aforementioned parameters being ideal, I would venture to guess thats whats primarily causing your problems with SPS, especially the loss of tissue.

Also, in the future, with your NO3 being undetectable and your PO4 still moderately high considering your ULNS goals, you could help bring down the PO4 further by raising the NO3 slowly i.e. heavier feedings (with clean/rinsed foods, otherwise your just adding more PO4s), adding a biological filter medium, etc

Back