Ever drink skimmer fluid?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she meant the 'danger' was for your friend.
The 'stupidity' part was for you.

Seriously though, bad idea all around.

does this other guy have kids?

if no then you may be doing the world a favor
if he manages to drink this (removed cause i think this was a bit harsh and ill get flamed... but you can guess what this said) you did say hes an idiot
:p ( kinda like those jack *** folks.. one of these days they will hopfully do somthing really sick and become steril :)

but really..
soem one i know got a mouth full of turtle tank water and she was sick for several days ( only swallowed a lil according to her)
this stuff has got to be worse

Last edited:
Doing that is worth a hundred bucks? It's amazing how desperate people get for money these days. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't let the guy do it if somebody was going to give me a hundred bucks if he did it. It's not quite the same as eating a bug or some rotten cheese. You have no idea what could be in that skimmate or if you have any toxic zoos or whatever. Skimmers take out fish waste, decaying organisms, some of your chemicals (I believe strontium is poisonous) and even chemicals and waste released by corals.

A hospital visit could negate that hundred bucks in a hurry.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9237229#post9237229 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by A.T.T.R
does this other guy have kids?

if no then you may be doing the world a favor

LOL! So true. :lol:

pally toxin is very rare and always causes death
all this stuff you read about people getting a lil pally is BS
from what i read ( after a friend argued the point of the toxicity of all the zoos) iv found that ( apparently) very few palythoa actualy carry the toxin and the effects felt are from otehr toxins

i once thought that my friends had a small does of it after 5 of them had nightmares the day after collecting zoos ( i was the only one with gloves) later we read that that is a sign of a small dosage of palytoxin but i am now really questioning it...

besides my point was there are thingsin there that will do somthing to him faster then what ever toxins are in the cup. besidesi wonder what toxins are removed by the skimmer if any

Most all the mucisoidal discharges will be in the skimmate. I would imagine it toxic from that alone, but given the cromulant nature of the skimmate itself there would be a definate risk of some sort of septicemic infection if he could keep it down. Really he would be in danger of a serious infection just from having it in his mouth. ( I assume he is bucktoothed).

In all honesty, I dont want to see anyone get hurt by doing it, but then again it's no hair of my back. And if he makes the decision to do it, regardless of how dumb it may or may not be, I am all for it just to watch it. No hair off my back, I would never do it, but if someone will do it, I want it on video!!!

DO IT!!!! TOO funny!

A.T.T.R- Even if there isn't any toxins in the skimmate, it's still a dangerous and foolish thing to do.

andrew im not disagreeing with you.. its rotting pile of waste .

this is dumb.

but again. it isnt me. so as others have said.. if some ones gonna do it might as well tape it

im pretty sure there will be e coli in there.

If you value the life of your friend at all I wouldn't let him do it. Too many health risks, even if he throws it up.

On the other hand, it would make for a good episode of House.

I would never do it or let any of my friends do it. If some one is going to be STUPID enough to do it... I wanna watch. Flame away... someone else's stupidity is my entertainment.

ooooooooh..this is making me feel ill just reading through all your posts...don't do it, its not even worth the 100bucks! you're friend is crazy! :sad1:

Do it Do it!

i had E- coli once it aint that bad.... just three days of not being able to eat or drink anything (before I knew what I had). If I drank water it would come out the other end in about 10 minutes. I passed out due to dehydration and was rushed to the emergency room...... It was great!

Last edited:
Do you guys remember why we need to wash our hands before meal?

Although in most cases the answers is to avoid stomach upset, that is far from all of it.

If you were to pick a lump of soil and swallow it, and you got right stuffs growing in the soil, it would not surprise anyone if you were to get very sick or even die from it. And I guess it doesn't take too much of reasoning to tell that skimmate is much nastier than than the soil in your garden.

Why make your own friend play Russian roulette? Even if he is your enemy it would still be a nasty thing to do.

Back in college, we had a guy drink from another type of round tube device that had water in it. I'm sure many know what I'm talking about. ;) But we offered 20 bucks and he did it, then proceeded to run out the door and puke for about 1/2 hour. Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back