February 20th Meeting

jokeloma

Premium Member
The February 20th meeting wil be at Tim Plowmans home 6301 East Broadway, Broken Arrow. Phone 806-8399.The meeting will start at 7:00 PM and will be a discussion about tank lighting and PAR. We will have the club PAR meter for everyone to try. Everyone is welcome to come out and have a great time.

Please bring something to share for everybody to snack on. The club will provide most of the drinks. We dont have a food theme yet but we have a whole month to plan so I would love to hear ideas or what you plan on bringing.

Jerrod Young posted a reminder yesterday on RC to check your generators because of the storm coming in this Thursday and the potential of ice build up on power lines. I couldn't agree more so take a few minutes and test fire your generator and make sure you have extra gas and oil.

The March meeting is set to be next door to Aquarium Oddballs and will be our annual membership drive and frag workshop so make plans to attend and tell others in the hobby. Also I would ask everyone who can to bring a new filled out membership form to the February meeting with your dues. This will hopefully speed up the process in March so that we have more time for the workshop.

Membership form: http://www.omas.org/images/OMASMembershipFormwithagreement.pdf

Thanks,
John Leeds

Last edited:
Hello all,

The Feb. meeting is right around the corner so we should probably come up with a food theme so throw out some suggestions. If you can, please respond if you think you are going to be able to make it so I can have some idea how many chairs I need. I'm really looking forward to having everyone out as the OMAS meetings are always a fun time.

I will try to send out detailed directions this next week. My complete address is:

6301 E. Broadway St.
Broken Arrow 74014

For those that didn't make it to my house last year, I have a old 200 gallon oceanic w/ (3) 400 watt halides that I've had up and running for about 4-5 years now. I have a mix of SPS, LSP, and zoas. My tank is still in the recovery stages of my laziness, but I wouldn't say it's the ugliest tank on the block either. I look forward to any suggestions that anyone has on how I can improve my system.

Later,
Tim

Great...it looks like we are going to have a great turnout. I'm excited to see everyone again and meet the newbies in the group since I have been out for so long.

Since I haven't had any suggestions on food, I thought maybe we could go with chilis and soups since we've had all this cold weather lately. If this isn't a good idea or someone would like to do something else, just let me know.

I will post detailed directions early this week. Have a blessed day.

Here are directions to my house:

From BA Expressway

From the BA Expressway, go southeast towards Broken Arrow
Take the Kenosha (71st) street exit.
Turn left (east) onto Kenosha and go around 4 miles.
You will go past a Citgo gas station and turn right (south) at the light onto Oneta (aka 241st E. Ave)
Take the second right (west) onto Broadway St. and we're the 9th house on the left where the road Ys

Let me know if you have any questions.

As far as food, my wife will be fixing some chili and cornbread plus some sort of dessert.

My wife & I are planning to attend. This will be our first meeting. We stopped by & saw Scott the other day and, while there, picked up a new membership form we'll be bringing.

I am planning on being there and have my forms also. I am planning on bringing stuff to go with soup and chili; cheese, crackers, noodles, onions, etc.

I don't have the par meter so I'm guessing someone is bringing it since that is what our topic is on. Can someone confirm they are bringing it?

Minor correction in the directions given above...please note that the gas station is now a Shell and not a Citgo

From BA Expressway

From the BA Expressway, go southeast towards Broken Arrow
Take the Kenosha (71st) street exit.
Turn left (east) onto Kenosha and go around 4 miles.
You will go past a Shell gas station and turn right (south) at the light onto Oneta (aka 241st E. Ave)
Take the second right (west) onto Broadway St. and we're the 9th house on the left where the road Ys

Please be sure to call my cell if you have problems 814-8583.

Back