Fishload in a 210 gal reef tank

Ricimer

Hi! I would like to have the opinion of other poeple regarding the fishload of a 210 gal reef tank (+ min. 50 gal sump/fuge). I have now a 90 gal but am planning to upgrade to a 210. Here is my list of fishes. In your view does it place me in the heavy bioload category?

1 yellow tang
1 other tang (maybe Kole)
2 ocellaris (mated pair)
5 clown goby
2 mandarin (mated pair)
1 tailspot blenny
1 jawfish rosenblatti (blue spotted)
5 chromis viridis
5 banghai cardinals

Thanks!!!

I think it all depends on your export strategy. Can I ask a few questions?

-What kind of tank BB/DSB?
-If DSB, how deep?
-What kind of skimmer?
-How will the skimmer be ran (wet/dry)?
-How will your flow be set up to get the poo to your skimmer?

I have about the same bioload in my Ecosystem 210gal with no problems at all. I don't think I'd go any higher then that though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6511754#post6511754 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by NoSchwag
I think it all depends on your export strategy. Can I ask a few questions?

-What kind of tank BB/DSB?

5" of aragonite sugar fine DSB in both the fuge and the display with more than a pound of LR per gallon

-What kind of skimmer?

Right now on my 90 gal I am using a Tunze Comline automatic 3130/2 (rated for 105 to 264 gal). I will buy a second skimmer and run both on the 210 gal. Didn't choose the 2nd skimmer yet and any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Has to be below 750 US$.

-How will your flow be set up to get the poo to your skimmer?

Right now I have a flow rate from display to sump of about 3X volume of the system per hour. I tought I would use the same rate when I switch tank (3X210gal). Have been reading that this is optimal for pods thriving in the fuge. Should be fine with skimming too, right? Apart from that there are two Tunze 6000 Stream in the display with a multicontroller.

Regarding the Banghai cardinals, I tought they where schooling fish!? Is it only the case when they are juvenile or something? Otherwise I would change my mind and get only a mated pair. Gaining a few inches of bioload. BTW if it can help you to help me I have calculated that the list of fishes I gave you means a total of 77".

Thanks!!!

Sorry, part of the reply didn't get through...

5" of aragonite sugar fine DSB in both the fuge and the display with more than a pound of LR per gallon

Right now on my 90 gal I am using a Tunze Comline automatic 3130/2 (rated for 105 to 264 gal). I will buy a second skimmer and run both on the 210 gal. Didn't choose the 2nd skimmer yet and any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Has to be below 750 US$.

Back