FOWLR and Artificial Corals

I have some living color stuff in my 200 and my father in law has reef replicas stuff. I love it and if water is clean it doesnt seem to get too dirty. What I don't like however is that the vibrant color washes out a bit after a while. I have the large and small eel caves from living color.

Well since this thread got dug up Ill give anyone who cares an update. The rockwall aquascape is finished and Ive been stocking the tank since Mar. Ive been running the UV sterilizer 24/7 and have only had to take the corals out once for cleaning.

All those folks who said it was going to a pain to keep the corals clean are full of you know what. I will be starting a build thread on the tank in the next few months with alot of pics.

Here's a quick cell phone pic.I have the canopy off to make it shorter and change out te doors.Tank is 96LX32Dx25H.

In the pic you can see my 6'' Moorish idol going on a year old.

Photo0379.jpg

Last edited:
I like the look of the tank BADGUS. I really like the artificial coral inserts too. But it's the thing on keepin' them cleaned. I bought a reefreplica insert awhile back and never even put it in a tank. It ended up bein' used as decoration on my bookshelf.

But I like the open look.

Steve

I like the look of the tank BADGUS. I really like the artificial coral inserts too. But it's the thing on keepin' them cleaned. I bought a reefreplica insert awhile back and never even put it in a tank. It ended up bein' used as decoration on my bookshelf.

But I like the open look.

Steve

+1...after having non-living stuff in my first FO setup, that was enuff for me.

BADGUS's tank looks nice tho...

Back