Frag swap haul

jpa0741

I posted this on my build log, but I thought the SPS people would like this haul from my local frag swap.

100_4300.jpg

100_4313.jpg

100_4314.jpg

Here is the run down that I can remember.

Pink lemonade
Aqua delight
Tenius
Purple Monster
Lokani
Ponape Birdsnest
Superman monti
Superman digi
Green with pink acro
Atl Ultimate Stag
Le Soli
Red Table
Key Lime
German Blue digi
Poker Star monti
Dark Purple Chalice
Tyree Red Oxy
2 Unkown acros
6 Zoa frags not pictured

I know there are some other things I am missing, just too tired.

Also pickedup a 50g Rubbermaid tote for a frag tank.

Last edited:
I have to say my favorite right now is the Superman digi. The colors are not as vibrant as the encrusting monti. But IMO look better with pink poylps and a baby blue base.

Swaps are the best. I walked out with all that plus clear mesh screen for my top, a 50# bag of mag flake and still an extra hundred bucks in my pocket. I sold 6 Limeade frags and a bunch of $5 SPS frags.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14253042#post14253042 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by surfnvb7
seems as though the federal bailout of the auto industry is doing good for someone!! LOL!

For one I work for Ford. We did not except no money yet. Also as stated I spent no money of my own and came home with an extra $100 in my pocket:p .

Ahh, its the flea market format of a frag swap.

Either way I concur that superman digi would have been my most wanted, everything else can be gotten in this area fairly easily with enough money, the superman digi though is still fairly rare.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14253635#post14253635 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sfsuphysics
Ahh, its the flea market format of a frag swap.

Either way I concur that superman digi would have been my most wanted, everything else can be gotten in this area fairly easily with enough money, the superman digi though is still fairly rare.

Isn't that what a frag swap is? Trades and selling?

Some work different then that. Our local club (BAR - Bay Area Reefers) has chosen to go a different route. Boiled down version: We pool all the corals and you get to pick your own during the "round" you are in. Mike can explain it better I bet :)

Here's the info on our current members only swap (not our large regioanl one open to all regional clubs)
General Swap Info
Three(3) frags of a different coral species per participant
No buy-in's.
No rare group.

Please bring your corals:
1) Pre-fragged
Preferably pre-fragged with enough time to encrust/attach onto something. If the frags you are bringing are fresh cut, please frag the coral the night before to give the frag time to stop sliming and sloughing, and to improve survivability before packing it to bring to the swap
2) In a plastic container
We are suggesting Glad MiniRounds (or larger size if needed), Rubbermaid Take Alongs, or another appropriatedly sized resuable container because reusability is nice and it helps minimize leakage! Frags brought in plastic bags will not be allowed, however, we will have a small supply of plastic containers on hand to purchase
3) Labeled
Several labels are available here for download. http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=701.0
Fill in the blanks using Word, print, and waterproof by covering the label with packaging tape, and attach to your frag container

The Picking
Each participant will be given a letter and that is the group with whom they pick frags.
Corals will be grouped according to type.
Groups will rotate through the picking area with each person picking 1 coral.
The order of groups picking will go up, then down. For example, if there are 3 groups the order would be:
A, B, C, (...)
C, B, A
A, B, C

Back