Frag tank build

it took me from 6 Pm til 1 am but I got them adjusted up to 1.025 check on them this a.m. and found 1 casualty but I think she was already sick to begin with. My black female looked to be pregnant when I bought her and she is doing good should have the other tank up and running this weekend. I am seeding all my filter pads in my main tank to help speed up the process

Took me a few seconds to figure out what species of SW fish that is! :)

Hope it works for you. I have read of other's taking weeks to get the salinity up to reef levels for these.

Took me a few seconds to figure out what species of SW fish that is! :)

Hope it works for you. I have read of other's taking weeks to get the salinity up to reef levels for these.

That's what I thought to but when I talked with the guy at the lfs there tanks they are in are already close to brackish so they were use to salty conditions I just went up some

one tank transferred over now I have to put water in the frag tank, I also have been soaking filter pads in my sump to seed them they have been there for 2 weeks

That looks nice. I like the green on top and the blue in bottom. Now you just need to get that thing filled with frags

What are the eating? Algae like you were hoping?

So to make sure they stay healthy I have been feeding small amounts of flake food but I also throw in algae that grows on my skimmer return and on my power filter return and they eat that as well once I get corals in the tank I will start just feeding the algae that way when they see it on the frags they will go to town but it is already looking promising that they will in fact go after the algae. Also the female that is believed to be pregnant when I bought is doing really well so I should have a batch of babies coming.:thumbsup:

So here it is the final product I am a little disappointed in the numbers but I think it's do to no optic lenses on the leds but I am pleased with the overall tank. I check my par numbers on the main tank where my racks are and the frag tank is a bit higher in par so I think I'll leave the leds for a while and we will see how things grow I put a few cheaper frags in there for now to see how things do they are all open the fish are in and doing great had a small ammonia spike The 1st night without the fish, then was gone the next day I used a bottle of bio spira a piece of live rock from my sump and a filter pad from the frag tank filter cycled in the main sump for 2 weeks

keep in mind there is some adjustment from the PAR meter and the LEDs. Could be a bit higher

Back