Frag tank build

1kwksvt

So since I am out of space I am starting a frag tank. Built my light between the 2 t5 builds will be 2 rapid led strips that I am picking up tomorrow more pictures to come

one piece at a time. I was kind of looking forward to the FTS with 4 frag racks in it. :)

I might have a dry fts tonight after I build my egg crate rack. I am not going to do traditional fish I am going to acclimate freshwater mollies to saltwater. They are great for algae control

I might have a dry fts tonight after I build my egg crate rack. I am not going to do traditional fish I am going to acclimate freshwater mollies to saltwater. They are great for algae control

I was thinking of doing the same thing with mollies just to trip people out that didn't no about it. LOL

its funny you say that. when I got home my son was telling me all about a show where they had fresh water guppies in a SW tank eating algae.

its funny you say that. when I got home my son was telling me all about a show where they had fresh water guppies in a SW tank eating algae.

My wife was asking about guppies in sw she wants them too. I think I may try 4 of each. From what I have herd a read is that their colors are more vibrant in saltwater

Nice! What do people do, if anything, for filtration on their frag tanks? Or more specifically - what do you plan on doing?

For my filtration I am using a simple method some live rock and a hob filter not going to skim it just going to do a water change every week when I do the water change on the main tank I am going to use that water to change out the frag tank water in hope to bring in a little nutrients for the zoas. Things may change later down the road

Back