Frags for swap!

Bring one to the shop whenever it's convenient. As long as it isn't tiny (it'll get lost) I'm fine.

I'm in no hurry. It's going into the next display.

I'll bring you one Dave. Or if Chris comes and picks up the sump tomorrow before yall move coral i'll send it with him.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8167578#post8167578 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bshumake
I'll bring you one Dave. Or if Chris comes and picks up the sump tomorrow before yall move coral i'll send it with him.

Barrett-

Send it with him tonight if you want to.

Cathy-

Tell me how much and I'll pay you for it next time you're by the shop.

Growing frogspawn!

Growing frogspawn!

The frogspawn that I split in 2 at the beginning of the summer is ready to be fragged again. I sold Cass my bigger half a couple months ago, and now the smaller half is so big I've got to split it again! Can't have it bumping against my growing monti dig or my T. crocea.

What with the frag trades that I've got lined up in the next week, I don't have any more real estate in my tank for any more frags (Luke, the temptation to buy a bigger tank resist you must!). So I'm just letting my present frags grow and expand. That means I can't really take any more frags in trade for now, but if you're interested in buying a really nice frogspawn I'll give you a good price.

Jay

I've got a couple frags from a very healthy, colorful and fast growing green bird's nest. And as always, Kenya tree coral and green star polyp frags!

I sent you an email. Some of the tree coral frags are really big, so instead of giving those away, like I did with the really small frags, I'll sell these larger ones. I've been selling all frags for $10. I've got my SPS under VHO lighting... PC lighting should be fine for the birds nest. I'm also ready to frag the green slimer acro again. That REALLY grows fast. It's the third time I've fragged it in 4 months.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8558050#post8558050 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by neuroslicer
I sent you an email. Some of the tree coral frags are really big, so instead of giving those away, like I did with the really small frags, I'll sell these larger ones. I've been selling all frags for $10. I've got my SPS under VHO lighting... PC lighting should be fine for the birds nest. I'm also ready to frag the green slimer acro again. That REALLY grows fast. It's the third time I've fragged it in 4 months.

sorry, but I haven't gotten your email yet can you send it again? I mean thats a good price for them and I will take anything that can go under PC lighting for a good price or free if you are given those away. I'd like to have the bird's nest thou, so if ya can resend your email that would be great :)

What are you taking to Nashville?

What are you taking to Nashville?

I couldn't wait for my frag tank to arrive to frag, so I have put a couple frag trays in my main tank. I had several coral that were in need of trimming, so that's what I did today. I did them this far in advance of the frag swap to give them a chance to heal and grow a bit before going to Nashville. I'd be interested in finding out what other people will be taking to Nashville for the frag swap. Here's what I'm taking:

Bright green Montipora digitata - 4 plugs, 2 - 3 branches per plug

Green bird's nest (Pocillopora damicornis) - 4 plugs, 2 - 3 branches per plug

Brown with purple tip Acropora (Larry Jackson?) - 4 plugs, 2 - 3 branches per plug

Acropora yongei (green slimer) - 1 plug, one large branch and one small branch

Several small plugs of green star polyps

Several medium sized Kenya tree coral

I'll probably frag my Miamo orchid acro within a week or two, and get one or two more plugs from my green slimer before January.

Jay

I am a 15 year old kid who is in desperate need of cheap corals. I got high intensity lights for Christmas. Now I am making a frantic attempt to lower my nitrate level. My nitrite, ammonia, and ph are all at the correct level. So if there is anyone out there that has cheap or free corals that are available within the next week or so I am VERY interested!!!

Frantic!

Frantic!

Keaton,
Coral reefing is not for the frantic! To do this hobby well, you've got to have lots of patience.....lots! And consistent, regular, attentive care. First off, don't put many (if any) delicate coral into your tank until your water chemistry has stabilized where you want it. The large fluctuations in ions that are occuring in your tank as a result of your trying to fix things may be too drastic for a young frag trying to establish itself, may cause just enough stress to weaken it and make it susceptible to disease that it might otherwise be able to withstand (e.g. rapid tissue necrosis).

How much patience do you need? Well, once your water chemistry has stabilized, you can start off with a tank of small frags and it might take you two years until you're really happy with how the populations looks. Some coral I have are pretty fast growing, but that's only with ideal conditions. And ideal, stable conditions require weekly, often daily attention. And even then, it has taken nearly a year for some of my nicer specimens to get to where I think they're really nice.

So slow down, and do things right the first time.
Dr. Jay

Well thanks Dr. Jay

But I read this a little too late. I bought a green finger leather, 2 leathers, 2 large mushroom rocks, pom pom xenia, candy cane, Kenya tree, 5 polyps of ricordea, and some star polyps about a week ago. As far as i can tell everything is doing great. Then last night I bought 2 more rocks of star polyps, a colony of blasstomuso (sp), and more xenia. I got a really good deal on everything so I just couldn't pass it up

Thanks,
Keaton Irving

By the way my nitrate has stabilized below 10 ppm (thanks for the algae)

Long green star polyps

Long green star polyps

I have a 5 inch colony of long green star polyps that I cut away from my reef. It has spread substantially, so I left plenty on my rock to continue to spread, but this is a really big chunk that I can part with. It was large enough (with long enough polyps) that myvery large sebae clown was hosting in it. $25 takes it away.
Neuro

Back