FS : Complete 150G reef tank setup $1,000

jporter

FS - $1,000
I am starting another tank within the next few weeks. I am selling my existing 150G tank with center overflow. It has a nice matching stand and matching canopy. Included will be a trigger sump, and return pump. All that will be needed are lights, and rock. The tank was bought new by me from Aquarium Arts and is approx. 6 years old. It's euro-braced and has holes in the back corners for sea swirls. I will include all plumbing and will clean it up for the new owners after it's emptied of fish and corals. I will not part this out, so please don't ask.
Included:
48X24X30T euro-braced tank. 1/2" glass and heavy, back glass painted black
Nice medium brown stained cabinet and matching canopy
27" custom Trigger sump - dual 4" socks, bigger skimmer section, and extra bubble traps before return pump section. No refugium
2 - 1/2" sea swirls - New about a year ago
Water blaster return pump - (Backup pump) basically new, I'm keeping my RE.
Custom black acrylic ATO reservoir - holds approx. 30 gallons
18" Eheim tongs - You'll need them

If whomever buys it and is interested, I will give you plenty of free frags after the new tank is up and everything is transferred. It will be the end of February before I can have it ready to hand off. Many local reefers have seen my tank and I have taken very good care of it. Please PM me if you're interested. Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0994.jpg
    IMG_0994.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Wow! Can't wait to see what your next tank will look like. Good luck with the sale.

Reefers: Jeff's tank is awesome. The tank was built with quality glass that gives excellent clarity. And yes. He takes very very good care of his tank. If it means anything, that swirl water return is an awesome gadget. Having seen his tank, I tried to replicate with my old system but the wasn't able to.

Thanks for the kind words. Trying to make this an easy choice for someone looking for that size tank. JP

Can't wait to see what's coming next.

Well it's safe to say my roof won't need to come off for the new tank. It's actually smaller gallon wise, but bigger foot print wise. You won't be able to scuba dive in it like your's or Elliott's. Good to hear from you Ryan! JP

FS - $1,000
I am starting another tank within the next few weeks. I am selling my existing 150G tank with center overflow. It has a nice matching stand and matching canopy. Included will be a trigger sump, and return pump. All that will be needed are lights, and rock. The tank was bought new by me from Aquarium Arts and is approx. 6 years old. It's euro-braced and has holes in the back corners for sea swirls. I will include all plumbing and will clean it up for the new owners after it's emptied of fish and corals. I will not part this out, so please don't ask.
Included:
48X24X30T euro-braced tank. 1/2" glass and heavy, back glass painted black
Nice medium brown stained cabinet and matching canopy
27" custom Trigger sump - dual 4" socks, bigger skimmer section, and extra bubble traps before return pump section. No refugium
2 - 1/2" sea swirls - New about a year ago
Water blaster return pump - (Backup pump) basically new, I'm keeping my RE.
Custom black acrylic ATO reservoir - holds approx. 30 gallons
18" Eheim tongs - You'll need them

If whomever buys it and is interested, I will give you plenty of free frags after the new tank is up and everything is transferred. It will be the end of February before I can have it ready to hand off. Many local reefers have seen my tank and I have taken very good care of it. Please PM me if you're interested. Jeff

I have decided to keep the sump and experiment with it and a roller mat.
Price reduced to $800.
Again, this is pretty much ready to go. Just need to add lights, sump, sand and water and your off to the races. I will include all the plumbing parts as is. Should be ready to go in 3 weeks. I will clean it after taking out all the existing livestock. JP

Jeff:

What's a roller mat. Does it allow you to roll out the sump from under the cabinet. If so, does that mean you will have to soft plumb or use some kind of easy to separate unions?

Jeff:

What's a roller mat. Does it allow you to roll out the sump from under the cabinet. If so, does that mean you will have to soft plumb or use some kind of easy to separate unions?

Alan, it's like a filter sock made into a roll. The incoming water from the overflow is forced through it and it rolls up as it's being used. Like a felt paper towel roll.
A few people here in the valley are suing them and are having great success with them. I believe BRS is the only one selling them. Look up Theiling Roller Mat.

I just looked it up and it's very cool. Do you just discard the media when the roll is empty?Are replacement rolls expensive?

I think this concept is really cool, but judging from the reviews, I wonder if it would be better to build one yourself. Use the rolls that is sold by BRS, but build your own motor to make is stronger, build better containment for unused roll, better quality acrylic and finally use US bulkheads.

It wouldn't be cheaper, but you get exactly what you want. This might be my next project.

Of course, this would only be really feasible if you already have an APEX system with a break-out box like I do.

I was wondering if you still have the 150 gallon tank, stand and canopy for sale. I am new to the hobby and it seems like a great way to get started.

I was wondering if there was anyway that you could help me move the tank. I live in Mesa around stapley and university. If not I could probably get some help to pick it up tomorrow morning.

Thanks. I'm really hoping I can pick up either this tank or the one that ejpreefer is selling. Sadly I can't send pm's until I have 10 posts and I don't just want to go around spamming, although it is tempting.

Back