FS Seahorse Set Up

Kelly68

In Memoriam
Hi all. I am selling a bunch of stuff here. It will all go together, I will not seperate anything. I have a mated pair of reidi seahorses, the male is giving birth every 13 days like clockwork. I currently have about 360 seahorse fry....210 of them were just born on Wed this week, and 150 from 13 days prior to that, and one that is 6 weeks old. He is pregnant again. He gets pregnant the day he gives birth. So he will be expecting again on Tuesday the 25th. They are very hard to raise....I have done my best, given them the best and can only get the fry to live to two months. They are in 2 and 1/2 gallon fish bowls for circulation..as they cannot snick air. I have the pair in a very nice 35 gallon hex tank with stand. There are a total of 5 bowls for the fry. Two in a 30 gallon with heater and powerhead, air pump to run the air to the bowls with a gange valve. I have a 20 gallon breeder with another bowl in with a heater and air pump. This tank can fit two bowls. The fry need live food when born. So I have a ten gallon with heater and air pump with two one gallon bowls culturing rotifers. The babies first food for ten days. That needs to be fed green water, or live phytoplankton like DT's in order for the culture not to crash.

After about five days you can introduce freshly hatched baby brine shrimp. These type of fry cannot hitch for 14 days. That is why you need the circular motion of the bowls.

So lets recap here:

One pair of Reidi Seahorses...very healthy eats frozen food. They are currently in a 35 hex with stand, heater, power filter, crush coral, fake and live plants and a few small pieces of live rock.

Currently as of today approx 360 fry of different ages

One 20 gallon breeder tank with heater and air pump

One 30 gallon tank with powerhead, heater, and air pump

One 10 gallon tank with heater and air pump

A total of 5 2 1/2 gallon fish bowls...three with fry in now

A total of 2 one gallon fish bowls.....live rotifers inside

fake plants, buckets, turkey basters...for feeding and for catching the little guys

I do have pictures of everything, tanks, bowls, fry, parents. I really don't want to sell these, but I can't break their breeding cycle and I don't have time anymore to invest in the young they give me every 13 days.

The fry are so sensitive, I buy reverse osmosis water for them. Only the best. That is because I do not have my own ro unit. Their rotifer food ordered comes from Florida and the two batches I have ordered were over $90 a piece. Living in Wisconsin and live shipping...a killer.

They have to have their bowl syphoned daily of debris and every third day or so take them out of their bowl and clean it free of slime and algae. Bacteria is the number one killer of these.

I will give all the training and advice I have learned. The parents are babies....very spoiled. They eat from a turkey baster and the female gives a good dance show when she wants attention.

I haven't came up with a price for all this. I am stumped but willing to take offers and discuss this with others. Serious inquiries only. This is a lot of work, but someone else may have better luck then what I have had.

Thanks.

Kelly

You can pm me or email me at KRRector@aol.com

Back