fuge light cycle?

Nina51

biggliest cofveve champ
Premium Member
i have a clip on light over my fuge (5000K bulb). right now, it's on the opposite schedule from my dt lights. is this the normal procedure or do some of you guys leave your fuge/sump lights on 24/7?

also, i never see pods. i have a big ball of chaeto in my fuge section. this tank is an upgrade that we did about 6 weeks ago. i did use much of the live rock from my 2 biocubes. *could* i have pods even though i don't see them?

More than likely there are pods there. My fuge light technically runs on a reverse cylce like yourself, with chaeto as my macro. However, quite often I turn the light on using my phone and Apex to do some maintenance and then forget to switch it back to auto and it runs 24 hours a day for a few days until I notice and or remember.

I find my chaeto grows a whole lot more when the light is on 24/7 ... I just like the light cycle because I have some critters banished to the sump right now, and light all the time can't be good for them lol

thanks for your reply! i don't have any critters in my sump other than a couple of tiny snails i found in there the other day and i plopped them back into the dt. :)

Back