GB: Clear 1/4" Netting

pookstreet

Registered Stick Killer
I need to replace the netting that's currently on my tank and found an online source for clear 1/4" netting. It only comes in 14' width and the minimum length is 25'. For the 25' roll, the price is $0.55/square foot. If there is enough interest for the 50' roll, the price will be $0.43/square foot.

Also, just an FYI. The clear netting I currently use, although said to be UV-stabilized, have been crumbling lately in the areas directly beneath the metal halides. I've talked to the person who did the GB last time and he said that his is still holding up under T5s. Although these netting may not be affected by UV, perhaps the additional heat from the halides is breaking them down over time. So if you run halides, you might want to get extras to change out down the road.

I will only buy a roll this if there is enough interest. I don't mind holding onto a chunk of it, just not the majority. For those who want it, please copy and paste the list and add your name and quantity. Before I place the order, I would like payment so that I don't get stuck paying for the whole thing with people flaking on the GB. Local pick up is in Upland, 91784. Or I can mail yours at a nominal fee, whatever USPS charges. The following list are of the people who have posted on my other thread looking for netting. If you don't need it anymore, please LMK. If you are still interested, please put down the quantity you would like. Thanks.

pookstreet - lots :)
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - quantity ?
DanW - quantity ?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15452105#post15452105 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wishntoboutside
kenny i will take a bunch off of you.

What's a bunch? A fistful of dollars worth? :lol:

I'm game for 25 sq ft. i 2ill gladly pay upfront and incl paypal fees. I would like to p/u in Upland. Thanks for coordinating this Kenny!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15452306#post15452306 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reef_doug
I'm game for 25 sq ft. i 2ill gladly pay upfront and incl paypal fees. I would like to p/u in Upland. Thanks for coordinating this Kenny!

Thanks Doug! :)

Also, if everyone could put down the approximate dimensions they would like, that would help. I'll do my best to accommodate those dimensions but it may be slightly different b/c I don't want to have any loose pieces that no one can use. Thanks.

pookstreet - lots :)
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - quantity ?
DanW - quantity ?
reef_doug - 25 sq. ft
AJDuran - 2'x14' section (28 sq ft)

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - quantity ?
DanW - quantity ?
reef_doug - 25 sq. ft (2pcs 6ft x 2ft) p/u Upland

Ok, after further consideration, I've decided to make it a standard of either 2' or 4' width for everyone. It's just easier that way for me to cut this stuff. I really don't want to get stuck with 12" or odd width leftovers that are wasted. Thanks for understanding.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15453311#post15453311 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wishntoboutside
kenny.. i will need this for a 225 gallon tank. and my 8*4 tank.. so i figured a bunch should be fine!

Richard, got you covered ;)

Thanks Doug. Indicating pick up or shipped would also be helpful.

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - quantity ?
DanW - quantity ?
reef_doug - 24 sq. ft (2pcs 6ft x 2ft) p/u Upland
wishntoboutside - bunch

Thanks for coordinating this - and living so close! I'll PP you +fees whenever your ready to order.

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - 3' x 14' p/u Upland
DanW - quantity ?
wishntoboutside - bunch

Kenny, you said either 2' or 4' right?

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - quantity ?
Larry - 3' x 14' p/u Upland
DanW - 4' x 14' (pick-up)
wishntoboutside - bunch

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15454277#post15454277 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DanW
Kenny, you said either 2' or 4' right?

Dan, since you are buying 14', which is the width of the roll, I can cut your piece from the end to any width. But if I had to cut along the length of the roll, then it would have to be 2' or 4'. Hope that's clear.

I've got some great news but won't be confirmed until early next week when they are back to work. There is an exceptionally good chance that there is another source where the final price will be only around $0.10/square foot :eek: So stock up while you can :D

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - 10 (2'x5')
Larry - 42 (3' x 14') p/u Upland
DanW - 56 (4' x 14') (pick-up)
reef_doug - 24 (2pcs 6ft x 2ft) p/u Upland
AJDuran - 28 (2'x14')
wishntoboutside - bunch
NVTE
chillncm - 12 (2'x6') pick up

Good morning Kenny, can I join in, I have several tanks:
6-2
5-2
4-2
4-2
and a few nanos
I think a total of 24-2 would cover all of my tanks, could u quote me how much that would be shipped to 79936, thank u.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15454925#post15454925 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by amore169
Good morning Kenny, can I join in, I have several tanks:
6-2
5-2
4-2
4-2
and a few nanos
I think a total of 24-2 would cover all of my tanks, could u quote me how much that would be shipped to 79936, thank u.

:thumbsup: I'll PM you the total once I get a confirmation on the final pricing. BTW, you other stuff is ready to go next week. I'll PM you in a bit :)

pookstreet - lots
mikejones - quantity ?
Paramecium - quantity ?
Txcowboy22 - 10 (2'x5')
Larry - 42 (3' x 14') p/u Upland
DanW - 56 (4' x 14') (pick-up)
reef_doug - 24 (2pcs 6ft x 2ft) p/u Upland
AJDuran - 28 (2'x14')
wishntoboutside - bunch
NVTE
chillncm - 12 (2'x6') pick up
amore169 - 48 92'x24') ship