GBTA and Curly Q

DashHills

I have a friend that has a 45 gallon tank. In his tank he has a rather large Curly Q anemone. My GBTA has divided and since it was given to me, I was going to pass the division on to my friend. However, my friends lighting is only about 80 watts and I am afraid that it isn't enough lighting. If it isn't then the GBTA is going to wander and then I thought of the next potential problem. Will the 2 anemones sting each other. Any thoughts on the situation?

This is really frustrating. I have been encouraged to post questions; however, everytime I do, I get very few responses. I have read many threads and there are many of you out there with experience or at least opinions. Why won't you respond to someone that is rather new? If I would have a friend of mine post, there would be 10 replies within hours. Why should I try?

Relax, As far as his lighting what type of light is it? and what size tank? We will need to know this to tell you whether theres enough light for a bta. As far as two btas they will not sting each other. You could keep your two with no problems.

I believe he is running 2-40W NO 10,000K bulbs.

Also, the concern is not the two GBTAs in my tank; it is a GBTA in my friends tank with his Curly Q.

With NO light you may be pushing it...it still varies on the size of the tank to determine watts/gallons which isn't always the rule but helps in determining. As far as mixing the anemones IMO curly q anemones are worthless, and mixing them could cause problems. I doubt the curly q would do any damage to the bta but it is always possible and mixing two anemones isn't always a great idea.

Back