GBTA Help Please

irisheyes

I have had this GBTA for 3 months. He has been doing fine and was growing. I feed Silversides or Krill 3 times a week. Foe a week he has been acting weird. I am really worried about him. He settled on the bottom of this rock right at the first and hasn't moved except a couple of inches either way. I was surprised he didn't go up closer to the light. I have 440 watts of VHO on a 75 Gal. Tank. My water tests come out great. Temp is 80 degrees. Awhile ago he had white squiggley things coming out his mouth. He did the same thing the other day and I thought he was a gonner. This is how he looks now. Why is he doing this. Notice the stringy things leading from his mouth. The Tenticles on the left and top have not opened the last 2 days.
I have posted 2 images on My Gallery. Hope I did this right!
Any help would be appreciated.

He is eating just fine. I just gave him a small Silverside and it was gone in seconds. He is looking back to normal except for the top left tentacles not opening.
Hope someone can tell me what might be going on.

Here are the photo's.
IM000631A.jpg

IM000630A.jpg

It is difficult to see much from your photos.

Can you get any better photos? Did yo take those with your cell phone?

Sorry I can't help?

Corey

No this was taken with a digital. I will try and get some more pictures as he is doing the same thing again. Batteries are charging He really looks as if he is dieing, but then opens back up but with the tenticles closed at the top.
I would like to know if their not getting enough light, won't they move up. This one has been at the bottom ever since I have had him. I just cannot figure out what is going on.

I have a rose that did the same thing. It settled in at the bottom of the tank and it doesn't seem to want to move but it just doesn't seem to like it down there. Unless you are willing to move all the rocks around there isn't much you can do since its foot is adhered to where you cannot reach. I have let mine stay where it is since there is about 50-75 pounds of rock over him. It hasn't gotten any worse and even perked up a bit after a cinnamon clown moved into it. Sorry i'm not much help, just wanted to let ya know that you are not alone. =)

Thank you for the reply. The rock he is on is very large. The largest in the tank. I think I could move it up without a lot of problem. I just thought he would climb toward the light if he wasn't getting enough. He once moved inside the rock a ways and then come back to the same spot. He sure doesn't look like he is doing good where he decided to set up camp. I sure don't want to lose him!

It sounds like you my be over feeding. That string you are talking about sounds like wasted food your GBTA is done with. Try doing some looking on how often they realy need to eat. They get most of there food from the light which sounds like you have more than enough. As long as it has good color which your does try and hold off on the feeding for a week and see what goes on. I only feed mu BTA one every two weeks with some raw choped up shrimp I get from the store. Good luck and I hope this helps!!!!!

I tipped the large rock so he is closer to the light. He is looking a little better, but still hasn't opened his top tenticles. I think there may be more today then yesterday. Maybe he will be OK.
Many thanks for the reply's.

Back