Getting the black back in my SI Percs

I have 2 pairs of rods 1 set with RBTA and 1 with no host. No host colored up faster but slowed way back, the RBTA hardley colored at all and all of a sudden I have a full vest and working on the pants. Not sure if its random coloring and a host is the wild card or there is another issue with coloring.

Here they are. I think they are H. malu because they don't grow very much at all. I have had them for almost 3 years or so, maybe longer. They get to about 6 inches and that is it. Both of them

IMG_0049.1.jpg

IMG_0037.1.jpg

Last edited:
They are doing great -- as far as health and what not goes. They are really liking the Haddoni, and it has really settled in now. It moved about 3 inches from where I first placed it -- not too bad. Though I wish it would have gone the other direction, wanted it in the corner, not the side, but I am not going to complain.

Not sure if there is any change in their color yet, though I didn't expect anything this soon anyways. But, here are some pictures from tonight.

Perc8_13_9part1.jpg

Perc8_13_9part2.jpg

Perc8_13_9part3.jpg

Perc8_13_9part4.jpg

See I was wondering that. Thought that my eyes were seeing what I wanted to see, but they do seem a little darker in person now. It is easy to get pictures of them, but hard to get side shots, they always have their faces towards me when I am in front of the tank.

i think they are getting better it is easier to compare what is happening in photos because they are not changing slowly like being around a friend all school year you dont see change but after the summer they look a lot different so dont worry i think i see the black spreading out more

Got some updated pictures, plus something new. :)

Male,

Perc8_18_9.jpg

Female, in a new Haddoni,

Perc8_18_9part2.jpg

Top down of the Haddoni,

Perc8_18_9part3.jpg

And a FTS, and as you can see by this one, and the above pictures, the clowns didn't have any issues finding the new Haddoni.

FTS8_18_9.jpg

Thanks, it is 33 but yes. In time one of them will have to be moved to my 75, but I want to do some work on that tank first -- re-do the rock work, and sell off a lot of fish. So it is just a matter of me doing it.

Well this is my opinion but I think that they are getting it back.Now its just trying to figure out why some anemones do this to clowns.....:idea:.....

Hey Todd, I know it's still early days in trying with the haddoni but have you ever thought about trying an H. crispa? Being a natural host to percs, I would think they would stand a good chance of regaining their color...

Also, have to add that I love that new haddoni!! the purple rim is awesome!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15559624#post15559624 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by clowns101
Well this is my opinion but I think that they are getting it back.Now its just trying to figure out why some anemones do this to clowns.....:idea:.....

I have heard that BTAs cause it. And if mine fully get it back, it will be one case where an LTA caused it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15559655#post15559655 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dalston
Hey Todd, I know it's still early days in trying with the haddoni but have you ever thought about trying an H. crispa? Being a natural host to percs, I would think they would stand a good chance of regaining their color...

Also, have to add that I love that new haddoni!! the purple rim is awesome!

To be honest I haven't thought about it. And if I did get another Crispa (( had one about 10 years ago )) I think I would have to move the clowns to the 75. Back when I had the Crispa it was in my 75 and took up about 1/3 of the tank, the darn thing was huge.

Thanks, I am really happy with it. Of course I would have liked it to be more purple, but this one is pretty cool. And while it is still to early, it does seem really settled in.

I'm seeing the colors darken already.
From my experience, I see the black coming back after a week out of RBTAs.

Took some new/updated pictures tonight. I really think I can see some black starting to come back in both of them.

Female,

Perc8_26_9part3.jpg

Male,

Perc8_26_9part2.jpg

Mainly the female,

Perc8_26_9part1.jpg

And lastly a FTS -- that one Haddoni has gotten HUGE in this tank, I guess my blue face angel was bothering more then I was aware when it was in my other tank.

FTS8_26_9.jpg

Hey todd, mine have started to fade a little now, not too bad but I have not changed a thing so its a mystery, we will see.

Back