Getting them to eat

jelwyoming

JELWYOMING
I purchased a breeding ORA clarkii clown pair from LA. Arrived safe and sound...look healthy, but this is the third day that I haven't seen the female eat. She mouth some stuff, but spits it back out. I am worried that she is going to starve soon. Any ideas on getting her to eat? I have tried frozen plankton, krill, New Life Spectrum Marine, Reef Plus, Cyclopeeze , ect. I have some Garlic Extreme and also some Entice that I am going to soak some dry plankton in as a next try. I don't have any live food available out here wild Wyoming!

My clowns didn't eat so well in QT, and they never have had the taste for the tiny cyclopeeze, so we had to go with live brine to entice them, still today we feed frozen brine, because they barely eat anything else (Picky clowns? Yes it's true)

Thanks for the response!
They are a beautiful pair that I don't want to loose. The last few days, I have tried brine shrimp, krill, reef one each soaked in selcon, garlic extreme and Entice...separately of course. The male eats almost anything. Today, thank goodness, she has started taking a little New Life Spectrum Marine. I hope that is the start of better eating. For a clarkii clown, she is very shy, mostly of my shadow or image near the tank. I tried putting some New Life in and backing aways off. Then she started taking it. She darts from the BTA to a cave all the time. At 4.5" for a female clarkii, I didn't expect that, especially since nothing else in the tank has acted agressively towards her. The worst that I have that way is a full grown yellow tank and a flame angel, which leave her alone altogether. Any way, it looks like she is hungry enough to try now.

Back