Goni not opening after 24hrs

Boochika

I bought a purple Goni online and it hasn't opened after 24hrs.

Its a pretty poor piece as I've noticed the base of it appears bleached out and there has been almost no extension since i've put it into the tank.

It's in the center of the tank about 1/3 of the way up. Quite low flow and directly under the lights (as I've read is the right thing to do).

Lights are on acclimation mode and the mushroom coral I received in the same shipment seems to be nearly fully opened and looking good. Lights are Kessil AP700, nominally it runs at 50%, acclimation mode is at 20% of that ramping up for 7 days.

Anything else I should try other than being patient? Perhaps setting it on the bottom of the tank instead?

78 degrees
ph - 8
No - 0
Phos - .04
Alk - 8.5
Mag - 1250
Ca - 450
Sal - 1.026

It's been set up for two years. Moved it 8 months ago when I moved houses.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I bought a purple Goni online and it hasn't opened after 24hrs.

Its a pretty poor piece as I've noticed the base of it appears bleached out and there has been almost no extension since i've put it into the tank.

It's in the center of the tank about 1/3 of the way up. Quite low flow and directly under the lights (as I've read is the right thing to do).

Lights are on acclimation mode and the mushroom coral I received in the same shipment seems to be nearly fully opened and looking good. Lights are Kessil AP700, nominally it runs at 50%, acclimation mode is at 20% of that ramping up for 7 days.

Anything else I should try other than being patient? Perhaps setting it on the bottom of the tank instead?

78 degrees
ph - 8
No - 0
Phos - .04
Alk - 8.5
Mag - 1250
Ca - 450
Sal - 1.026

Try to lower your salinity to 1.022-1.023.

i would give it a few days to acclimate to your tank & watch closely for tissue dying. feed it when it opens up

If you haven't done it, I woul place it on the bottom of your tank away from heavy flow

I moved it to the bottom of the tank but hasn't opened or extended much still. Here you can see it in the QT and how much seems bleached. Still sorta new to this but specimen doesn't look to good to me.
0079e39db02623dd0c79d051848f47cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I agree with Señor Pga..at this point you can give it [MENTION=207066]BeanMachine[/MENTION] and have him paint it.

I reached out to them when I received it. Seemed horrible to begin with.

I guess I'll stick with LFS rather than buying online. But I've heard good things from some online coral shops.

Just have that itch to get my tank hummin again since I've got it all pristine for the past few weeks monitoring it daily and want to add some life to it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Back