Good LFS West Valley / Central PHX?

I went to Reef Industries and the guy there was very rude and argumentative to me, I will not be going back.

So I went and checked out Reef Culture and Aqua Touch today. I have to say I was at Reef Culuture for about 30 min and not one person acknowledged me. There wasnt anyone even in the sales floor for the first 15 min. Aqua Touch was nice, kinda hot but friendly staff. I looked and looked and looked for Reef Industries but the business park it in is weird. I think they are in Suite G but that suite is in the back of the front building and there were ZERO signs just a "G" spray painted on a door so needless to say I didnt go in. Anyone actually been to Reef Industries?

As someone who goes to RC quite a bit I think they tend to let you browse and expect for you to ask them if you have any questions/need help. (Not saying that its your fault at all) Just seems to be their way of operation. As far as reef industries I'm pretty sure its not a normal store, you have to call or something to get the guy to be in the store. Haven't been there but I remember reading it I think.

That thread was guerilla marketing as dreamed up and executed by a ten year old. Very funny indeed.

Give it another two weeks and someone with 5 posts will bring the store up again.....and again......and again......

Reef industries for sure

never heard of this joint what the address and how long has it been open.

PS: I couldnt comment about any one store as they all have their faults and they have their percs (get it i made a funny there) :crazy1:
Personally if you have not been to any one store then you need to take a day and full tank of gas and go see every single one of them in one shot and check em out. Choose for yourself.
Most will push Reef culture because one of our local buddies helped open it and alot of the guys there are known and the store itself just looks bad ***. However prices are the same as everyone else on 95% of their stuff except the local frags and fish.
About the reef very tight store/clean very nice staff when you can get one's attention (good luck) can get you anything and everything you could dream off including very nice freshwater fish. Prices are high ^^^

IMO Ocean Floor is the only real crap hole in the valley

got it, thanks for the link! i'm BRAND NEW to this. I want to be able to ask dumb and newb questions when i go into a shop and not get looked at like im crazy. lol i'm getting a 75g with sump with a built in refugium. a few LS and a few zoas, etc. but because im so new i need the equip for tests, etc etc etc etc

If ever you need help shoot me a Text I'm at 99th ave and Peoria Ave I can swing over and see what i can see.

Jonathan/JC
623-225-0067

About the reef[/QUOTE said:
Do you mean Aquatouch?

I've been to Reef Industries a couple times now. Upon finding the place my first time, I was sure I was in the wrong place, lol. Not a LFS, no dry goods, equipment, etc. But, they do have excellent, healthy livestock. Feels like walking into a warehouse with nobody there, but just walk in and they will come out and greet you. Like I said in an earlier thread, I will still go to the east side biggies. Just kinda nice to have a place over on this side of town when you don't have a whole day to do the LFS tour.

Thanks for the offer!! Delivery friday, CAN'T WAIT!! Ill post some pics as soon as I get it up!!! Next weekend cant come fast enough!!

If ever you need help shoot me a Text I'm at 99th ave and Peoria Ave I can swing over and see what i can see.

Jonathan/JC
623-225-0067

I went to Reef Industries and the guy there was very rude and argumentative to me, I will not be going back.

The whole Reef Industry thing confuses me. I wanted to go by and check it out but was told it's not like a regular store and you have to call first.

Can you explain your experience a little more?

I think whoever goes to reef industries needs to bring a camera with them or take some cell phone pics and post them. Especially the spray painted door LOL.

IMO. 1. reef culture because they always have what I want and if they don't they will order it for me and are extremely knowledgeable.
2. aquarium arts. just because I have always been going there and they know me pretty well.
3. pets inc. but it has been hit or miss lately the past year or so. I love the store but highly dislike the staff.
4. aquatouch. it's a bit far for us east siders but always worth the trip.
5. Pet safari isn't half bad either. small but descent.

There is also a link at the top of the FRAG board with a list of LFS BTW.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879448

Where is this place according to the mapquest it's in the little business park right off the cactus on/off ramp to the loop i went in and found an auto place, karate, Two men and truck, and salon but no fish type store.
and i cant find a website for them either

WWW.reefindustriesaz.com I have no complaints about it. I have been there multiple times and will call him before I drive anywhere else. I do like aquarium arts as well. I didn't like he staff at aquatouch and pets inc staff is obnoxious as well. So ill go to reef industries any day of the week.

looks like there are some pics of the facility on their FB page. the link is on their website.

I think whoever goes to reef industries needs to bring a camera with them or take some cell phone pics and post them. Especially the spray painted door LOL.

IMO. 1. reef culture because they always have what I want and if they don't they will order it for me and are extremely knowledgeable.
2. aquarium arts. just because I have always been going there and they know me pretty well.
3. pets inc. but it has been hit or miss lately the past year or so. I love the store but highly dislike the staff.
4. aquatouch. it's a bit far for us east siders but always worth the trip.
5. Pet safari isn't half bad either. small but descent.

There is also a link at the top of the FRAG board with a list of LFS BTW.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1879448

"Welcome to Reef Industries AZ ~ the Southwest's finest importer and wholesale supplier of saltwater fish, invertebrates, and coral!"

-As a question from someone who has been around the hobby for a while but kinda new to the business side of things, doesn't that mean they should be selling to LFS and not consumers? It seems as if they were a wholesaler and importer their retailers wouldn't be happy about them selling to consumers and taking their retailers business away.

Simply a question, not ripping on them but just curious....

Back