Good LFS West Valley / Central PHX?

anybody know where i can get some Emerald Mithrax Crabs?

Edit: Does anybody have any they need to "rehome"?

I have some bubble algae calling their name.

Last edited:
I'm sure you could find some in one of the big LFS in the valley, Reef culture, Aqua touch, etc. If not, you can always go online.

On a side note, what's the deal with this reef industries place. I used to lurk here and nano reefs quite often, and never heard ANYTHING about these guys until about a month or so ago. Just curious as to why there is so much praise AND animosity for a realitively new company, that hasn't really done much of anything besides stir up **** on the forums.

anybody know where i can get some Emerald Mithrax Crabs?

Edit: Does anybody have any they need to "rehome"?

I have some bubble algae calling their name.

Reef Culture had some very nice ones when I was in there a couple of days ago.

Went to the area agian Franks honest auto and Alpha Glass and mens/womans rest room am i missing somthing ?
Do I call them when i arrive and tell them to come out the door waving ?

...Just curious as to why there is so much praise AND animosity for a realitively new company...

I think that's a fair question. The answer has already been posted once on this thread, but you can find the answer to your question here http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2018490

Personally my only issue with them is that they don't have regular hours so I can just go at my own convenience. I really don't want to have to call first or make an appointment like some fancy dress boutique in Hollywood. ;)

I can't speak to their product or service because I've never been there. But then again, I've never been there for the single reason that I have to call first...

I went to Pets Inc. today and I got three frags and a shrimp...I say that because the way I like to shop is just when I feel like it I go and because I know the hours the stores I frequent keep I know when and where I can go.

So I jut got back from Reef Industries, wow is all i can say. The owner Lori was there and was the friendliest nicest person I could of asked for. I called ahead and he said he was there feeding so I could come by. Once I arrived he gave me a full tour of the facility and all i can say is my head exploded with the setup. There must of been at least 15 tanks/tub that looked like they were 500g each. He also had a huge frag tank and lots of livestock tanks. Im sure I was there at least 1.5 hours asking all kinds of questions and believe it or not Reef Central came up. He said one of his "customers" posted that thread and stood behind it. All I can say is I've been to Pets Inc, Ocean Floor, Aqua Touch and Reef Central and although this is NOT a "store" it was by far the best service I got in a long time, take out pet stores, he is a genuine down to earth guy. He explained to me he isn't operating a store but runs a "wholesale" business but there has been increasing interest in what he has (rarity and prices). It didn't sound like he was too interested in making this into a store but doesn't mind us locals coming by and talking shop. This is totally in my own view and opinion but sounds like the rap he got is a little extreme. I ask about a few things and he said when they come in he'll hold one for me, this exact item is $65 at RC and he sells them for $40. Came home with some red/blue crab, bicolor angel, valentini puffer and an awesome orange/pink coral. Take this for what it's worth.

Here is the frag I got from Reef Industries. The colors are SOO cool.

4bab5647-995f-37e5.jpg

I agree with you alohadustin I go there atleast once a week. He moves so much inventory that he always has something new in. Some ppl are just too judgmental instead of goin and looking for themselves they would rather go off what someone else says. I personally have more complaints about horrible service st pets inc and aquatouch then I can even compare to reef industries.

I agree with you alohadustin I go there atleast once a week. He moves so much inventory that he always has something new in. Some ppl are just too judgmental instead of goin and looking for themselves they would rather go off what someone else says. I personally have more complaints about horrible service st pets inc and aquatouch then I can even compare to reef industries.

Let me know when you are planning on going next, if i can make it i'll tag along. i was planning friday or saturday.

Back