Green, purple or not sure?

nemoboy1

I (saved) picked up a bleached gigantea from a lfs and now it's starting to color up a bit... It's sticky and eating... Looks like the foot was dyed... I was pretty skeptic about picking it up but I have brought bleached sebae back to health on a couple occasion... So I decided to save this guy. So far so good it's been about a month now and should be going in the right direction, let's hope.

Now my question...
What color would it likely be?
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb181/halfmoon_bay/?action=view&current=photo-1.jpg

halfmoon_bay

ima say green as well, the purple/blue tinge is more than likely from the anemone being bleached and your Blue lights... but only time will really tell

It is sitting under LEDS? If so, my guess would be cream/gold/brown or a mauve color, which are actually the most common color for gigs (but makes them no less desirable). See my avatar to the left -- my guess is that it will turn out like that.

I've seen a few of these come in bleached, exactly the same color as yours, and they all -- fortunately -- have recovered and once the zooxanthellae return they turn a nice two toned color -- tentacle base color is brownish mauve, and the tips can be a different color -- yellowish to white.

I am not sure what color it is going to be but it looks good. Congratulation on saving that anemone.

It's under 4 T5 ... I am gonna say green but I was hoping for purple maybe blue but either colors would be fine as long as its healthy...

Thanks for posting the pix...

It was not dyed. The column is darkest near the foot. Often light blue or green and lighten to white about 1/2 way up the column. Pink, magenta, purple or blue spots from the oral plates down to about 1/2 way of the column and fade away.

Wow I didn't know this... Here I thought it was dyed because my sebae I had awhile back was dyed... I guess my guy is a blue footed nem. And who say you don't learn anything new

Back