Group buy: Jebao Wireless RW

Yeah. RWs are what I am looking at too. Anyone else? Let's at least figure out if there is enough interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two I got last time are still working great, but I might be open to getting a backup one or maybe two RW4s.

The two I got last time are still working great, but I might be open to getting a backup one or maybe two RW4s.

That's my plan. I would like to have a back up of each that I have in case I need to piece them together. You never know what might go out.

Rw's have been replaced by pp's. I have 2 pp4's for my wifes tank and one pp8 for mine. All working well. The new magnets are better looking and stronger. Possibly fixed the bearing lockup as well.

Rw's have been replaced by pp's. I have 2 pp4's for my wifes tank and one pp8 for mine. All working well. The new magnets are better looking and stronger. Possibly fixed the bearing lockup as well.

Do the pp's still have the master/slave function etc? Same controller?

Pretty sure BigZ will tell you that the supplier won't do a group buy because on his last one someone complained to the supplier about selling and created a riff with him. As a result, the supplier won't do a group by (last I knew) because of this. I have privately tried with Z to organize something, but unless we can let folks know, it's hard to get enough buyers. Might reach out to Z in a PM to see if enough interest (or me). Not trying to start a war (it seems to be very easy to do on this forum), but pretty sure that is why you have not seen any group buys that are of benefit to a lot of us.

Nathan i will look into it. I am down for it. As Mike stated it might be different but it doesn't hurt to try. Granted I am sure this thread alone will ruffle feathers but it's worth a try. Overall feedback last 3 group buys I did was positive. It's been a while and so far 1 of the 4 rw failed and I was able to fix it. Hopefully we can make the numbers. Might have to be another source. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
Also please note: I have never profited from group buys or plan to profit from it.

I can attest to this 1000%. He just po'd someone in the area and they shut him down. He was 100% trying to get us hobbyist's the best possible prices for an item that is widely available. I have no idea who and the supplier would not say, but that is what happened. Z may not say it :), But I will with no problem.

Mike could try one if it wasn't sitting on my counter for 2 months.

Mr Janes you appear to be getting soft in your old age lol.

I can attest to this 1000%. He just po'd someone in the area and they shut him down. He was 100% trying to get us hobbyist's the best possible prices for an item that is widely available. I have no idea who and the supplier would not say, but that is what happened. Z may not say it :), But I will with no problem.

Well I can kinda understand that we don't want to take away business from companies but at the same time whatever company is doing the group by is sill profiting, and by buying in bulk we're able to get a discount. Seems like good business sense all around. The business doing the group buy might be losing money per unit but they are selling more in quantity so I'm sure it averages out for them and creates potential return customers. I think reef breeders did it at least once?

Not trying to debate but does anyone know why this is not allowed?

I'm sure that if someone wanted to they could do their own "personal" group buy where they buy bulk on their own and turn around and sell them for profit. Not the point of the group buy but I don't see what would stop someone from doing it except for the upfront cost and time involved.

It's not that it isn't allowed, it's that the supplier doesn't really want to offer a group discount anymore. Or at least that's what I gathered... And as far as I know, reef breeders in particular will still do group buys with people who he has worked with before, but has stopped offering new group buy setups

Back