Grouper Needs New Home ASAP!!

LCGoldman

FREE to a good home!!

This is a post for a friend of a friend...

grouper.jpg

12-13" long White/Tan with Tan & Black spots.

He's in a holding tank..was taken out of a tank maintenance customer where he never should have been.

Local pick up only... Delivery is possible.

NEEDS TO BE PICKED UP (or DELIVERED) TODAY IF POSSIBLE.

Lonnie, tell them if they can get it to AMW, we can take it in.
Also have them read the following:

http://www.atlantismarineworld.com/visitor-specialevents.html
National Responsible Pet Owner Month
Each month, Atlantis Marine World brings you new adventure â€"œ a full month of activities and exhibits focused on a special theme.

February is National Responsible Pet Owner Month. Join us as we spread the word on responsible pet ownership through special exhibits, reptile encounters, and other events.
;)

Joe,

I just spoke to my friend of the friend (KathyC), and she said she can bring it to AMW tomorrow (Tuesday). Is there someone she should contact there?

Thanks again!!

Back in the days of CC bottoms and before RC... I bought one of those also... a cute little Panther grouper. Within six months it outgrew my tank eating everything along the way........including my Princess parrotfish.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9282550#post9282550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LCGoldman
Joe,

I just spoke to my friend of the friend (KathyC), and she said she can bring it to AMW tomorrow (Tuesday). Is there someone she should contact there?

Thanks again!!

Me or Todd should be around.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9283058#post9283058 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MIKE NY
Within six months it outgrew my tank eating everything along the way

I've even had people with large enough tanks to house these guys look for new homes for them. Because they couldn't afford the food bill to keep them adequately fed.

They are now a delicacy as a live food fish in the Orient, especially Japan so many are now sent there now and that is one main reason they're not as common in the US anymore.

Grouper Needs New Home

Grouper Needs New Home

Mr. Grouper is now residing at the Atlantis Aquarium!
Many thanks to Lonnie for posting regarding this fish needing a new home and for Joe offering to re-home this guy.

I love a happy ending!:)

Back