H. malu surgery and next target.

This is a really exciting thread you guys!
Do you have to change the lighting on the cut anemones so they will get over the shock of being cut, or would it be better to have all their conditions exactly the same (ie lighting), so they don't have to "adjust" to anything new after the cut?
Also, what are you keeping them on to prevent foot tearing etc (Anthony was saying he had sucess with astro-turf, easy to lift them off, etc.)
When will they start to eat again after being cut? Will their host still host them and does this affect healing? Mike, the multiple radial cuts sounds like a cool project.

What kind of anemone are you trying out now Mike?
Kim ive done mine under the worst conditions. Straight out of my reef sliced in half and tossed into a 10 gallon that im sure had less than great water quality. Just today i set up something in my 30 cube to house a few of them to see if it makes a difference. Im speaking of my RBTAs. Got em up nice and close to the light and yet contained. I dont want them roaming the tank with the carpet anemones.

this is just a bad colored malu that I've split in 4 and is recovering just fine.

i did not even clean my blade properly either this time.

I'm talking about how you treat them after the cut! (Not for the probably 20 minutes you take to cut them :p )

Back