Have ICH looky here!!!!!

I hang garlic on top of my tank, this pleases the garlic god and helps fight ich. For an extra blessing I soak garlic with fish food, this is like holy food for fish. No seriously, garlic is BS, stressing a fish won't give a fish crypto, unless its already present in the system. If you don't want it in your tank , than don't let them in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So after reading several post. I have kind of confused myself.

So my question is my tank is new and only a 12gallon nano cube that I just barely introduced new corals to that are not attached to any of the rock work. Yet. Would it be easier to just remove the corals into a holding tank and treat main tank or would I have to remove all the sand and live rock as well? If I have to remove all that I'd just rather setup a QT tank for the 3 fish. I also don't have a QT tank running yet and my fish is already showing the white ich spots and barely eating. Then my blenny keeps going up to the surface of the tank like it needs air or something.. I kind of remember reading that copper would hurt the live rock and sand but not sure if that's right since I can't find the post. Haha
Thanks again!
580b0c27fe42570f60e2edaf5fe8ea68.jpg
3476c53dc8cb9ac330211162c14f777f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Correct copper level

Correct copper level

Can anyone tell me the recommended best copper level for Cupramine? Not necessarily the manufacturers. I have both the Hach test kit and the API copper test kit.

Treating my tang (and others)

Treating my tang (and others)

Hello! I'm new to reef central, but I decided to join after reading your posts on treating ich in a brown tang.

I recently set up my 75 gallon fish only tank after having it in storage for years. The tank is established, and I have added several fish. My latest were a brown tang and an eible's Angel. I got them from separate suppliers and added them about a week or two apart. The tang was first, and he did great. The angel did fine for a while too, but they soon both started acting funny. The tang was flashing and scratching, and the Angel looked "fuzzy." I freshwater dips both, and it turns out that the Angel had flukes.

This has been an important lesson in the need for quarantine!

I separated the tang and am treating him with formalin & malachite green. He is in a hyposalinic environment now (1.010), and has been for about 4 days. My plan is to treat all fish with the formalin treatment and with prazipro.

He tang is looking much better, but there are still white spots. So I'll continue to treat until they are gone. My first question is--how long is it safe to keep him in the hyposalinic condition?

While I have treated for Ick with both hypo and (in my case cupramine) at the same time, meds can stronger at lower salinity so in my case, I used half the manufactures dose.
I think you should start too see the Ick fall off in say 3-5 more days. Hypo on its own should not harm your fish, if you go beyond 14 days in hypo for Ick, something is wrong...

Treating with both at the same time is a risky venture and not reccommended.

Ok, thanks. I'm thinking I'll start to bring the salinity back to normal range over the next few days. I'm setting up a separate temporary tank to transfer everyone into when they are clear. I'll let the main DT sit fallow for at least 8 weeks.

For fallowing. should I also take out my inverts (skunk shrimp, sally lightfoot, and a few blue leg hermits), or are they ok to stay in the DT while it is fish free?

Back