Heads up on Bayer

BryanS4

I've heard from multiple folks now that Bayer is being discontinued. A lot of Home Depot's have already stopped stocking and Lowes isn't far behind.

Stock up while you can. I'm going to my lowes to clear them out tomorrow.

Just picked up the last bottle at the south Tampa location. $6.26 for the 40oz bottle.

Thanks for the heads up!!! I am going to go see if I can get a bottle or two before they are gone. Such a shame too because it makes such a great dip

Wouldn't shock me if a reef company bought the rights from Bayer so they can make it and charge $50 a bottle

I am not sure if they are discontinued. I went to Lowes in new Tampa, and it was regular price. I noticed just Home Depot had it cheap.

I am not sure if they are discontinued. I went to Lowes in new Tampa, and it was regular price. I noticed just Home Depot had it cheap.

Yeah I'm not 100 per sure, just saw people saying that in two separate places. Rather be safe and snag a few extra.

Wouldn't shock me if a reef company bought the rights from Bayer so they can make it and charge $50 a bottle
It's unlikely considering they make billions of dollars selling it. I doubt any aquarium/pet company could make them a lucrative offer. Not to mention the market for resale would be microscopic in comparison to the global farming industry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I emailed Bayer this weekend to find out if they are in fact discontinuing the Complete Insect Killer. See response below.

Thank you for visiting our website and your inquiry to Bayer Advanced!

We are still manufacturing our Complete Insect Killer. We have 3 different formulations available for purchase with different retailers; Granules, Concentrate (mix with water), and Ready-to-Spray (attach to a garden hose.

Again, thank you for contacting us and visiting our website. If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again at www.bayeradvanced.com or by telephone on our toll-free number 1-877-229-3724.

We are now on Facebook - "like" us to ask questions, get great gardening tips posted to your wall, ask questions, and enter prize winning contests! You can also "follow" us on twitter @bayeradvanced!

Sincerely,

Will Muller
Bayer Advanced Consumer Affairs

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you ClownMan727

I emailed Bayer this weekend to find out if they are in fact discontinuing the Complete Insect Killer. See response below.

Thank you for visiting our website and your inquiry to Bayer Advanced!

We are still manufacturing our Complete Insect Killer. We have 3 different formulations available for purchase with different retailers; Granules, Concentrate (mix with water), and Ready-to-Spray (attach to a garden hose.

Again, thank you for contacting us and visiting our website. If you should have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again at www.bayeradvanced.com or by telephone on our toll-free number 1-877-229-3724.

We are now on Facebook - "like" us to ask questions, get great gardening tips posted to your wall, ask questions, and enter prize winning contests! You can also "follow" us on twitter @bayeradvanced!

Sincerely,

Will Muller
Bayer Advanced Consumer Affairs

I emailed them as well and got the same response lol. I guess Home Depot is the only store that has them cheap right now.

I found the 3 in 1 which still has the imidaclotrid. It also adds tau-fluvalinate and also tebuconazole. Now the last I assume is the fungal portion so I'd assume it's fine.

The other version isn't available.

Sorry just coming into this thread. If I'm reading this correctly Bayer Advanced is being used as a good dip? What is the mixing ratio and for how long?

Sorry just coming into this thread. If I'm reading this correctly Bayer Advanced is being used as a good dip? What is the mixing ratio and for how long?

Correct, Bayer is a great dip and used by a lot of folks.

Some people will measure it out, but I always just mix in tank water until it resembles skim milk. Leave it in for 10 mins or so and rinse well.

Back