Hello from a newbie...

feedmycorals

Hi everyone,
I am new! just started a nano reef tank a week ago. I got nice (and cheap) pieces of corals at the swap event yesterday and wish I could have bought more. Do you know of any local store/or hobbyist that sells frags and other live stocks?
I am particularly interested in zoas. This creature is just simply amazing.
Thanks!
Tyler

Stores:

Dave's aquastock
Saltwater sanctuary
Aquaworld
Elmer's Aquarium
Seahorse
Wet pets
Slippery Rock Corals
Oddball pets.

Many thanks! They are so beautiful under my macro lens.
I'll definitely check out Aquaworld and Elmer's Aquarium this week.

Where are you located? You can check out Daves Aquastock it is about 15 minutes up RT65 past Aquaworld.

Welcome. Take a look around oddball in Baldwin when you get a chance. They have helped me considerably.

What did you get at the swap?

Welcome. Take a look around oddball in Baldwin when you get a chance. They have helped me considerably.

What did you get at the swap?

Thanks,
I got a common green eagle eye polyps, a green star polyps, a cat spaw SPS, 2 flame algae (free add in to my order! thanks to kovfun21!), a brown mushroom from centralgarden, and some other pieces that I don't remember the names :) (one looks like a mushroom, there are flagella sticking out under light, without light, I see spots on the mushroom head).
Also another piece which was light pink on the day I bought, then it turned to light green yellow...
I'll post the pics sometime to see if anyone can help me ID them..
Tyler

What size is your tank ? you should go to Aquaworld for frags. They have lots of frags that are $5 each. I live in Squirrel Hill so you live near me. I can give you purple and green mushrooms if you'd like.

What size is your tank ? you should go to Aquaworld for frags. They have lots of frags that are $5 each. I live in Squirrel Hill so you live near me. I can give you purple and green mushrooms if you'd like.

It's a 10 gallon tank! I know it might sound silly to some saltwater aquarist but I'd give it a try before investing more in a bigger tank. My story is that I had an extra tank and a youtube videos of beautiful corals got me hooked ...

That's great that you live in Squirrel hill, pretty close. Mushrooms sound great but I don't have anything to swap for now... It's very nice of you.
I plan to drive up to aquaworld this Thursday or Friday to check out the frags. it's nice to watch them grow.

so your tank is all cycled and everything already?

running a skimmer or auto top off? what kind of lights do you have going?

the small tanks can be challenging, but very cool if done well. you will most likely end up hooked. :)

so your tank is all cycled and everything already?

running a skimmer or auto top off? what kind of lights do you have going?

the small tanks can be challenging, but very cool if done well. you will most likely end up hooked. :)

yes it's ready! the tank has a power head, a home made internal protein skimmer, a heater, 20 lbs of reef sand, about 3 lbs of live rock and 3 lbs of dead rock, T8 light. I replace 1 gallon of water a week. So far it's doing OK! :)

Back