Hello, Geezer coming back to this forum. Paul B

Just thought I'd post this. There's a lot of beneficial phages or virus'. Using phages for bacterial infections was a thing a century ago but antibiotics stole the show about 50-60 years ago. I can't help but think the mud Paul collects from tidepools with it's load of beneficial bacteria and phages is one reason for his success. Search "phage therapy" or "phage antibacterial" for more info.
Without a doubt, pathogen immunity to antibiotics is a serious medical issue that will continue to plague life on earth. When I googled “phage therapy”, I got this

PHAGE BIOLOGY BASICS​

Phages are simple, yet incredibly diverse, non-living biological entities consisting of DNA or RNA enclosed within a protein capsid. As naturally-occurring bacterial parasites, phages are incapable of reproducing independently (i.e., non-living) and are ultimately dependent on a bacterial host for survival. Phages typically bind to specific receptors on the bacterial cell surface, inject their genetic material into the host cell, and then either integrate this material into the bacterial genome (so-called “temperate” phages) and reproduce vertically from mother to daughter cell, or hijack the bacterial replication machinery to produce the next generation of phage progeny and lyse the cell (so-called “lytic” phages). Upon reaching a critical mass of phage progeny, which can be anywhere from a few to over 1000 viral particles, depending on environmental factors, the lytic proteins become active and hydrolyze the peptidoglycan cell wall, releasing novel phage to reinitiate the lytic cycle[18,19].

I took my Daughter and Grand Son freshwater fishing. There isn't many places for fresh water fishing here as we are surrounded by salt water but I found one. My Daughter caught this bluegill. Some millennials came by and the girl asked if we caught anything. I said Yes, we caught a barracuda.

She said "Really!. I know she believed we caught a barracuda in this little 4' deep pond.

Jodi Ted Fishing.jpeg

Teddy Fishing.jpg

This is part of Peconic River which is a small river that empties into the Peconic bay which is the body of water between the north and south forks of Long Island.

I am going to Washington DC tomorrow. Hopefully, the cherry blossoms will still be in bloom. The "Honor Flight" people are taking me and about 100 other Veterans there for an Honor ceremony.

Some of my friends are staying with my wife to help her as I won't leave her alone for a day.

I am going to Washington DC tomorrow. Hopefully, the cherry blossoms will still be in bloom. The "Honor Flight" people are taking me and about 100 other Veterans there for an Honor ceremony.

Some of my friends are staying with my wife to help her as I won't leave her alone for a day.

Kudos to the Vets.

@Paul B,
You are an inspiration for me. Between November 1966 and November 1970 as an Air Force veteran, I made E4 four times. My squadron commander continued promoting me so I could serve four 90 day tours in Cambodia as a flying crew chief on Puff the Magic Dragon.

Hug your gorgeous wife. She is a keeper.
Patrick

Last edited:
OMG I got home 1:00 this morning from the Honor flight to DC. Our plane landed here about 11:30 last night. It was amazing and some of it was almost indescribable. I even had a Supermodel companion assigned to me who was really nice. I couldn't be happier but I will get back to this as we are having a bunch of company coming today. :D

Back