Hello. I have a question regarding Giesemann moonlight ramp.

Zanders

Im curious about moving the control of this ramp over to the profilux just because it's not at present possible to dim the 4 tubes individually.

What would I need to make this happen? I have a certified electrician who will help me do the work but I need to get the correct parts first to make that happen.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Best regards

Anders Johansson

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14205682#post14205682 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LesMartin
Is it a Giesemann 260 Moonlight ? If so, then there are 2 bulbs per ballast so you can only dim 2 bulbs per time at best. If this is ok for you then you can either use the EVG driver blank which will control two channels ( two ballasts) or perhaps even the new EVG Power Bar.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1545134

Not sure if its named 260 but im 99% sure i see 4 ballasts in there?

Ok i have 2x 150w mh and 4 80w t5 so maybe i have 4 since my watts are higher.
I do see 4 white ballasts in there.

Well, in that case you will need two of the driver blanks ( EVG-AP-2F). Each driver blank can control 2 channels so two blanks = 4 channels (ballasts). I think (?) that the cables which are required to connect the blanks to your Profilux are included. All you need to do then is to connect the ballasts to the blanks. The wiring diagram for this is on the Profilux website.

Back