Help cleaning glass!!! Please....

I guess you're going in the right direction (polish the glass). I got a few tanks like that and not even muriatic acid cleaned it. And no it did not disappeared after the tank was running. Thankfully it's a farm tank for plants that is outside. But that still annoys me. I kind of knew I would have to polish the tank, but never did it.

I guess you're going in the right direction (polish the glass). I got a few tanks like that and not even muriatic acid cleaned it. And no it did not disappeared after the tank was running. Thankfully it's a farm tank for plants that is outside. But that still annoys me. I kind of knew I would have to polish the tank, but never did it.

I bought my last used tank where (no idea how) but the top two inches were fogged like this. NOTHING would get it off. This was used as a freshwater tank, if that has anything to do with it.

Need to wetsand and polish :(

Im still in the process of sanding and polishing. Bad TV hing is i just dont have the money to guy a new tank.

I saw a tank like this, happened twice to a customer.
Even Hydrochloric acid did nothing.
Glass was actually etched & had to be destroyed.

Well im trying to save the tank. Im on a budget. The guy i bought it from told me it would come right out with vinegar. Fiund out that was a lie and he knew it was etched. Wouldnt give money back.

If vinegar and even hydrochloric acid can't remove it then the haze is most likely etched into the glass. In that case polishing is the only way to try to rescue the panel. If that fails, then the last resort to save the tank would be to replace the panel.

From what I could find it is usually due to extremely soft water. Was that tank used for freshwater before or possibly even used to store RO/DI water?

With reef tanks this happens sometimes if you let coralline algae grow on the glass for too long and they start leaching metal ions out of the glass. I had a case of that with one tank.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back