help me pick a tang for a 75

A small blue hippo would do well. Most small tangs will likely do pretty well in a 75g but will have to be moved into a system with more swimming room before too long. I have had good luck with yellow, purple, mimic, orang shoulders, bristletooths, and small vlamingi tangs. Just make sure you get it small and healthy and you should be fine for quite a while.
In my 90g I have a 3" purple tang and it has done really well.

Garrett

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15500165#post15500165 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by saltydude
Maybe a sailfin or 2 or 3 yellow tangs. A sohal or a clown tank would look sweet.

A Clown is a baaaad idea. They need alot of room. I think you're limited to one of a Zebrasomas or a Hippo long term. I'd stay away from Acanthurus or naso's. They'll get too big for 75g.

definitely NOT a sailfin. Definitely NOT a Sohal or Clown. They both get VERY BIG and are AGRESSIVE!

Yellow tangs, kole tangs, and Tomini tangs are good for a 75. Even then you'll be pushing it as they get older and larger. Yellow I believe stay the smallest of the "standard" zebramosa family tangs.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15500197#post15500197 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefWreak
definitely NOT a sailfin. Definitely NOT a Sohal or Clown. They both get VERY BIG and are AGRESSIVE!

Yellow tangs, kole tangs, and Tomini tangs are good for a 75. Even then you'll be pushing it as they get older and larger. Yellow I believe stay the smallest of the "standard" zebramosa family tangs.

This is the best advice

You could also consider a purple tang from the zebramosa family, well really any from the family. Be warned though all tangs can get aggressive as they get established I have had a yellow tang kill a sargassum triggerfish. They have spins on their tails that can slice anyone open even through rubber gloves if they are large enough.

Re: help me pick a tang for a 75

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15499581#post15499581 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by blennymower
What tang would do good in a 75?

Only 1 tang anything except a Vlamingi or a clown tang..

A ctenochaetus (tomini, chevron, kole, etc) would be a good choice, and the bristle mouth is great for algae cleaning. If you go with a zebromosa, I'd recommend a scopas.

Yellow, Blue or Purple. Get you the smallest specimen available so you can get the most out of it. Any of those still might outgrow the tank eventually but it will take 2 or 3 years at least if you start with a small specimen.

thanks everyone......I think I'll get a tang when I upgrade, I'm tired of tearing down my rock work to get them out and return them to the store -_-

Any Tang will eventually outgrow the tank I would think.

Someone mentioned the zebrasomas as potentially the smallest, but I've seen Yellows in HI that were huge!

Just know that eventually you will need to find it another home.

Back