Help! Platy beaten up.

Caspiek

I just got back from vacation and discovered one of my panda platys was in very bad shape. I have 1 other that I purchased at the same time who is thriving well, so the difference is very noticeable. I have a dreamcice Mollie who seems to like to beat up on him a lot. I'm assuming this lead to injuries and infections.
I moved the Platy to a ten gallon with a heater and filter. I previously had a betta in there who I moved to a 1.5 gallon bowl. I removed the carbon from the Platys tank and am treating him with Microbe-Lift which treats several bacterial diseases and 6 different parasites.

I need to know if there is anything I should be doing differently and if my Betta will be okay in the bowl for a week or two. I know the size isn't ideal but I've run out of space to put another tank.

What's in the tank that the Platy was originally in:
2 ghost shrimp
3 neon Glo tetras
1 other Platy
3 mollies
1 albino plecostemus
3 fancy guppies

Please help! I love my panda Platy and my betta, he's so beautiful and has such a personality. I would leave the betta and the sick Platy in the ten gallon but I'm worried the betta won't take well to a friend.

Thanks!

Back